Clipless noobs

[quote=euflavine]

[/quote]
these

i have those in blue. garmin or some shit. overpriced, bottom-of-the-line SPD-SLs (i.e. colored R540s). do not want. add c o l o u r s to your bike in a different way.

i’ve got some look delta pedals i’m looking to fall over in. cheap shoe suggestions? i’m thinking shimano r086. ever since curiousincident lent me his shooz i’ve been jonesing for some more clipless action.

a few weeks ago in a desperate attempt to get more life out of my cleats I switched them from right to left and vice versa. As I went to leave my friends place at like 5am after drinking all night I was talking to a friend while trackstanding cause I was trying to leave. Right as her super hot friend walks outside I lose balance and couldnt clip out because of ‘fresh’ cleats. In an attempt to save my dignity I yelled “CLIPLESS!” as I fell. I’m sure the girl didnt get the excuse but two of my other friends noted it as a valid excuse the next day.

awesome. i will now shout that everytime i fall.

hahaha, i saw my friend fall because it was his first time using clipless a while back. I have some keo pedals but I dont have cleats for them yet. i’d be using them on a track bike on the street so i don’t even know if it would be worth it to spring for the shoes or not…

<---- track bike on street using clipless ftw. It gives you all of it.

What type of shoes you get?

What!?! How does that even happen?[/quote]

she frontal ted shreds and doesnt afraid[/quote]

So youre turnin sharply while pedaling… your foot ends up in that spot with critical toe overlap, you correct steering and proceed to straightening wheel out only to have it run into your foot and wheel crushes foot next to down tube then your foot smashes fender which in turn stops your front wheel in which case you endo? I think that’s what happened… . all I know is I did a somersault as a result andd 11/12 eggs in the carton survived. Wasnt my proudest moment, but i was stoked on the egg survival rate.

is there any other way?

I lol’d.

Everytime I put racebladez on my road bike I have a near death experience with the stupid toe overlap.

Me too! Good to hear I’m not alone.

Great… I’m never putting fenders on my midget bikes. Actually, my most likely to receive fenders bike is lax enough it’d prob work.

Also loled at liquid chicken survival rate.

egg beaters

offbrand road cleat

OR (used both… they have pros and cons)
quattro cleat

Some adidas 3 hole road shoes

and

Adidas Minrett shoes… use the 2hole cleat that comes with eggbeaters.

It’s NICE having both types of shoes depending on what the plans are.

I’ve got the version of those shoes that has the velcro strap, otherwise identical. Many miles, no problems.

Also, noobish clipless question: Best way to remove stripped cleat bolts? I’m sure I lubed threads when I installed but that was about a year ago — those things are really in there and I’m overdue for new cleats.

I’d use a dremel and cut a slot for a screw driver. insert screwdriver put a crescent wrench on the handle of the screwdriver and turn. At least that’s what I would do because I’m usually too impatient for things like soaking in PBlaster or other less destructive techniques.

What do you guys recommend for urban commuting / long road rides on weekend? Nashbar has a sale on Eggbeater Candy X’s for $30, but i’m also kinda looking at the Shimano M520’s…

i prescribe dicks

in massive quantities

I finally got eggbeaters back after sending it in 3 weeks ago

Totally not satisfied for the wait. The first time I sent it in (the right pedal, this time was the left) it took just a little over a week before it arrived in my mailbox from the day i sent it out.

I called Crankbrothers 2 weeks in and they said they just got the shipment (I shipped it flat rate by the way, so I knew it was bullshit). I asked if they just processed it, but they said again that it just arrived a few days ago and are actually working on it at the time I called. I then asked them for the guy in charge of fixing my pedals (John Peters) and the person said the guy doesn’t work for the company anymore. A few days later I got a call confirming the address I want the pedals sent back to, and guess who it was, John Peters. Something went on which I don’t know about.

Oh and they replaced both my springs this time and the endcap, from blue to red

What? ATMO there is no model with red