Clothing

I’m in need of some new bibshorts and jerseys. Any experience with Gore stuff? They’ve got some pretty nice looking bibs <100 on PBK. Can’t spend the big bucks on Assos et al. but I’m not trying to cheap my ass. Same goes with jerseys. Right now I’ve got some Santini stuff and it’s pretty good. The jerseys are good and the bibs decent, but I don’t really like putting a ton of miles in them.

Also, winter stuff will probably be pretty cheap now, I presume. Tights + bib shorts vs. bib tights/knickers?

This thread is relevant to my interests.

Voler has some “premium” bibs for under $100. Their normal bibs aren’t so bad. I’m considering getting some of those. The least favorite bib that I have are Sugoi RS with the really thick pad. The pad is so thick that it doesn’t move around when I’m moving around which means my legs and my junk are rubbing against the pad which means saddle sores.

I like my Descente stuff.

[quote=halbritt]This thread is relevant to my interests.

Voler has some “premium” bibs for under $100. Their normal bibs aren’t so bad. I’m considering getting some of those. The least favorite bib that I have are Sugoi RS with the really thick pad. The pad is so thick that it doesn’t move around when I’m moving around which means my legs and my junk are rubbing against the pad which means saddle sores.[/quote]
link to voler bibs?

find a local team that is bad ass and get their late season leftover stuff cheap…

[quote=pirate][quote=halbritt]This thread is relevant to my interests.

Voler has some “premium” bibs for under $100. Their normal bibs aren’t so bad. I’m considering getting some of those. The least favorite bib that I have are Sugoi RS with the really thick pad. The pad is so thick that it doesn’t move around when I’m moving around which means my legs and my junk are rubbing against the pad which means saddle sores.[/quote]
link to voler bibs?[/quote]

http://www.velowear.com/category.aspx?cat=CAT-BOTTOMS-MENS-BIBS

Thinking about trying their “elite” bibs. These are the guys that make Hammer bibs. The chamois is decent. The lycra is pretty good. Not the best nor the worst.

While on the subject - any recs for non-graphic jerseys? I’m sick of looking like a fucking NASCAR driver. Was thinking either Kucharik or Aero-tech (cos local and US made and cheap).

got aerotech shorts, been using for almost a year now, no complaints

The only input I ever have…

I really like our teams hincapie, we had garneau… liked it, hincapie is better. Bibs are 1000% more comfy and the garneaus were DEF not bad.

Also… the hincapie doesn’t have leg grippers which at first I thought I would hate, but it turns out… it’s awzum.

I’ve heard that Hincapie bibs have big leg openings. I have very skinny legs.

the performance ultra brand is decent and cheap

i’m all about random old team/club/shop jerseys + bib, doesn’t afraid of mismatching

we’ve seen your bike

Does Bicycling Hub still have a storefront in Portland? They usually had some pretty good stuff on clearance.

Will check out hincapie.

nah they closed this winter

cool story: my friend has a coffeeshop there now

I really like my Swobo wool jersey. You can usually find them online for $40-$60 this time of year. No Nascar bullshit on them, but you can get them in funky colors if that’s your thing.

I like my Rapha bibs I got while they were on sale. I know most people here hate Rapha, but when on sale, I think cost performance (Japanese love this phrase) is decent. $125? something like.

Sugoi/cannondale bibs are the bomb.

Not true. I’m a pretty small dude. Small like cyclist… like 6’ and 143 - 152 depending on training status.

Leg openings aren’t small. I could put a pen or a gel in the bottom of my shorts and it would stay there. Obv try stuff on…

We have these “Equipe bibshorts” http://www.hincapie.com/products/menswear/bib_shorts/?product=10590M&type=1#

You can see how the stitching is at the bottom. We all thought we’d hate the design, but when they sent us all the kit choices… we all liked it. And now that we’ve got them on the bike I hear no complaints.