ColoRADo

you forgot to include the streetcars.

This describes basically all of Colorado not in the plains. Holy shit.

The plains have some nice rocks too.

Who’s that?

Elevate Barbell

1 Like

I’ll give them a buzz. Thank you.

1 Like

If you haven’t been there yet: Maza Kabob.

1 Like

I’ll be in Aurora next weekend for a funeral

could be down to go out for a drink late Friday night if people are around town

Bummer about the funeral. I may or may not be around friday. Definitely will be around Sunday tho.

I live in Aurora, but next weekend I’ll be stuck in Vegas for a convention shitshow

Otherwise I’ll be in the ICU until Friday 7am, feel free to come by (but don’t because that would mean something really bad happened)

Done.

Well, started, I guess.

1 Like

Reviving this thread to post about an upcoming ride that a few friends and I put together. It’s not the most exciting route (out’n’back, flat, etc.) but there is an historical element to it.
October 24th, 6am in Five Points. 132mi, 1500’ vert

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGJiHb3l3FF/

We invite you to join us as we retrace a historic route from Denver to Dearfield. Over 100 years ago, many of Denver’s Black residents would take the train to Dearfield on the weekends to attend social dances, fish the Platte River, and hunt. Much more than just a weekend destination for parties, the farming community of Dearfield was significant as the first and only Colorado townsite to be established by an African-American. Dearfield thrived for over two decades in Colorado’s High Plains, and at its peak was home to over 700 residents. Unfortunately, as like other farming towns in the area, it experienced a significant decline due to the Great Depression, drought and the subsequent dust bowl of the 1930’s.
Our ride to and from Dearfield celebrates this exceptional place, and calls attention to an important piece of Colorado’s Black history. As we ride, we contemplate the distance required to escape the oppression found in the city, and just how far away people were willing to move to create a safe, self-sufficient community for themselves and their families.
The ride will depart from the Rossonian Hotel at 6am on Oct. 24th. Bring lights, layers, tools, snacks, and water, and expect around a 12hr ride with gas station snack stops along the way. The ride is an out-and-back so feel free to ride as much or as little of the route as you are able. We ask that riders RSVP with a DM or comment, and optionally pledge a donation amount per mile ($0.10/mile is ~ $15.00). We’ll provide information about where to make the donation in an upcoming post. Please reach out with any questions!

Also, here’s the cue sheet that I’ll be printing a bunch of:

I’d say it’s “curated but unsupported” so I don’t think we’ll have a sag wagon. Folks can turn around at any point, and there’s train bailout options for half the ride too.

Let me know if you’re interested, but also just feel free to show up.

I’m gonna attempt this. I’m traveling sans-bike right now so i’ll be coming off a 10 day stretch of 0 miles, so I might die.