ColoRADo

Yo
I have a spare room, a buncha cool roommates who are shreddier than me and could show you around, and some snuggly animals.
Spare bed is just a twin tho

I’ve never ridden in / around Denver (or the front range for that matter) but if you’re looking for a destination to get to and just ride, Steamboat is great.

You can get a room in town with good food options, breweries, etc. Ride from town to a few solid trail options (Emerald Mountain, Buffalo pass / Spring Creek). The divide trail from Rabbit Ears pass back to town is really nice as well, and you also have the bike park and trail system at the ski mountain that is lift served.

Plus hot springs at the end of the day!

either way let’s tarckup

1 Like

Def need to have a tarckup.

I’m hoping to have the house sold by then, but if not I have tons of room if you want to ride the Fort Collins (or S.Wyoming) areas to acclimate at 5k’.

FYI I added GPX route creation and downloading to https://coloradogravelroads.com/.

2 Likes

Who wants my archives of Colorado/Wyoming maps?

yes please

Cool, will send tomorrow

Awesome, thanks!

@Eric_Estlund Looks like colorado welcomed you home with a good one.

1 Like

It’s soooo goooood. Still coming, too!

Yup, all day here, although we didn’t stack up more than another couple inches I don’t think. Tiny flakes.

Didn’t make it up the hill, but it looked like Eldora was packed from their Webcam.

1 Like

My only experience with Fort Collins has been sitting in what felt like disproportionately heavy traffic through the city center on the way back to Boulder from Wyoming a couple years ago. It seemed like there were a shitload of tattoo shops and weed stores and not much else. Is FoCo awesome? The dude that did my big rat tattoo moved there and he’s cool and @Eric_Estlund is cool so FoCo must be cool too. Right?

We got 15+ inches in Superior.

1 Like

18" in town from 3pm-3pm. Lots of shoveling in prep for the moving truck (last heard he was snowed into a truck stop).

I’m going to be doing some boot shopping, I have a run to PA and back, but then I’m here for real the second week of December. Stoked. @amy we can go snow sliding if you want. If any of you are Loveland regulars, hit me up.

My Rad-o-meter is busted at this point, but it seems pretty a-o-k. Tattoos, outdoor access, mountain views, boat loads of tasty vegan food without having to look for it.

1 Like

I have not made it up to Fort Collins yet but my buddy Foster lives there and by his account it sounds pretty great.
One of the best barbell gyms in the country is there and that alone makes it ok in my book.

FtC is pretty cool.

Close to the mountains, pretty decent bike culture, hundreds of miles of “hella sick gravgrav”, if that’s your thing.

Pros:
College town
Good bike path system
CX and short track series
Winter Ralleyes and One Speed Open
No shortage of breweries, and no sign yet of the market collapsing
Some great food options
Sits between the high plains and the foothills
Some neat geology
1 hour to major airport

Cons:
Getting crowded
Housing appreciation (if you’re on the buying end)
^^ related to fracking/weed, lots of young dumbasses making too much money
Trail system is kind of meh from a riding standpoint