COLOYOLO

All things Colorado thread brah

First up, this winter’s festivities up on this end of the front range:

Bean Cycle is in downtown Fort Collins, Swing Station is north in Laporte.

I’ve been waiting for this thread for weeks. I am interested in some of these gravel routes. Ladybiek might be interested in some 50- mile routes…

Cinnamon Roller is usually sup’ed since it’s the shortest loop and there’s cinnamon rolls at the midpoint.

Cold Toes too, if lady likes to camp. That one is all paved and the daily mileage is the shortest.

All other routes include some or all gravel/dirt roads. WyColo has some trails, Pennock can have some snow postholing over the pass.

Prairie Fireball will either go out to the Pawnee, or up to Prairie Divide near Redfeather, unless the weather forces us to break the theme.

Also this one coming up soon:

NoCo Gravelo

40 & 70 mile gravel loops with camping before and/or after. Put on by the owners of the late Crankenstein.

She prefers to camp, but hasn’t done it on a bicycle yet. Yet.

I think that the cinnamon roller looks good for her assuming that it’s hardpacked dirt/gravel, she’s not into shredding gnar quite yet (although she took out a rental krampus on singletrack and loved it.) Lots of time for me to convince her, also.

The dirt parts of the Roller are all hardpacked road base on well travelled roads. Nothing loose or technical. It’s a popular road bike loop.

are there webpages for these events? Couldn’t find anything on the friendspace except for last year’s stuff

Not really.

Colin usually posts info the week before each ride on this facebroke page.

There’s sometimes info at the YourGroupRide site but good luck with that.

There are unlinked maps for most of the routes hiding at coloradogravelroads, if you want to know a route I can dig up the link. Maybe I’ll mirror this year’s info there.

Facebook page should suffice, I’ve got some of those dates marked off in my calendar, so hopefully I’ll be able to make at least one.

Thanks.

Here’s the routes for the Cinnamon Roller and last year’s Weld Waltz. The Roller stays the same every year. The Waltz might be slightly different.

Two Days of Cold Toes just goes up the Poudre canyon on 14 to Ansel Watrous campground.

I can’t make it to the Roller this year, but plan to be on the other three.

Two things for May:

May 6: FoCo 102 - try to ride every trail in Fort Collins in one day. 5 loops totalling 102ish miles. The loops start and end at bars so you can bail out and start recovering asap.

May 20: Robidoux Quick and Dirty - ok this a 3 hour drive from Denver into western Nebraska but it’s not closer to anywhere else anyway. 70 mile gravel grinder in the bluffs around Scottsbluff National Monument. Low key and super friendly Nebraska Nice hospitality.

I’m a little surprised that the other CO people aren’t posting in this thread :colbert:.

Not going to make cinnamon roller, non-bike friend decided to come out that weekend. The Prairie Fireball looks interesting though, I do prefer overnight trips if I’m gonna drive a bit to go riding :slight_smile:

I don’t post that much on here but I do live in Denver. I just moved down here a couple months ago and have been looking for some rides like these. I came from Missoula and there was a ton of beer league racing, hard but fun group rides, and more casual groups of riders. Down here it seems like that sort of stuff is few and far between, like everyone just does their own thing. I would be stoked to get in on some of these rides.

There are a few group rides in Denver. We do one on Tuesday nights that leaves from Renegade brewing company, meet at 7pm.

There’s also another tuesday night ride called Loops, they meet at Our Mutual Friend brewing at 7pm as well. They’re a little faster because they’re messbros.

Then summer thursdays is a ride put on by Yawp! Cyclery, it’s the most consistent speed-wise but only runs every other week.

awesome! I’ll have to check those out. Thanks man.

Have you posted your bike? Who cares, go to new guy thread and post your bikes.

http://tarck.bike/node/19540?page=24

Posted it a few times. Also have not posted an updated photo since I put racks and basket and shit for Japan tour. But basic idea and terribleness is the same.

[quote=kmcdon]I’m a little surprised that the other CO people aren’t posting in this thread :colbert:.

Not going to make cinnamon roller, non-bike friend decided to come out that weekend. The Prairie Fireball looks interesting though, I do prefer overnight trips if I’m gonna drive a bit to go riding :)[/quote]

I only have a carbon skinny tired road bike and a FS mtb and nothing in between, so not really set up for any long days on dirt roads at the moment unfortunately.

I have a skinny tired road bike, and I’m dying to hit some of the canyons up by boulder this spring/summer. I’m not as fast as you by far, but I can ride at a moderate pace for many many miles. We should talk.

Considering doing the triple bypass this year.

Also get more bikes!

Right now all I have is my cross check, but I am building up a Lemond Zurich frame my brother gave me last year. I have been heading up to boulder to ride more and more because it actually gets me into the mountains and I cannot wait to have a fast bike again to hit it harder. Missoula was awful for actual road riding so I am really stoked to get back into that end of cycling now that I live down here.