COLOYOLO

What part of Denver do you live in? 32nd street out to Golden and up lookout is a great way to get innamountains, as well as taking the light rail to Chatfield park and heading up Deer Creek Canyon.

Cross-Check is suitable for both of those rides.

https://www.strava.com/activities/647896849
You can even make a pretty sick loop out of them both :slight_smile:

I live in congress park. I have ridden out towards the mountains a few times, and ridden out to golden and boulder from my place. Sometimes I just want to start climbing faster instead of doing 30+ miles of flat before hand, since my wife and I only have one car its not always available when I have days off. Ill have to check those out for sure! I haven’t got into checking out where the light rail goes yet as I have pretty limited days off right now.

We should try to come up with a bicycle pubes-inspired group photo. Guns out, mugs out.

Light rail is a godsend. The C/D lines to Mineral station will take you right to Chatfield state park, you can get to many awesome mountain roads from there.

The W line will go to Golden, and you can get from where that train drops you off to the start of Lookout Mountain in 10 minutes.

[quote=kmcdon]I have a skinny tired road bike, and I’m dying to hit some of the canyons up by boulder this spring/summer. I’m not as fast as you by far, but I can ride at a moderate pace for many many miles. We should talk.

[/quote]

I’d be down for this. These are the only type of road rides I really enjoy at this point. We also need to get out on fat bikes the next time there’s good snow on the trails.

[quote=jamey][quote=kmcdon]I have a skinny tired road bike, and I’m dying to hit some of the canyons up by boulder this spring/summer. I’m not as fast as you by far, but I can ride at a moderate pace for many many miles. We should talk.

[/quote]

I’d be down for this. These are the only type of road rides I really enjoy at this point. We also need to get out on fat bikes the next time there’s good snow on the trails.[/quote]

I just rode (slowly) all the way up sunshine canyon last weekend, so found it’s do-able on snowpack and road bikes. Just not ideal for riding down, best to descend the pavement dpwn boulder canyon. Also do-able on the random hot weekends like this one coming up, so let me know if you ever have in mind to ride up this way. I don’t mind going at the all-day endurance pace. I don’t really want to hammer when it comes to 2 hour climbs.

I actually just sold my cross bike, but to a friend who hasn’t paid me yet (i’m a pushover apparently). So I plan on replacing it at some point, just need to save a bit more. I actually have two other bikes (plus the other mtb i need to sell), but one’s a track bike and the other is my basket bike (and only fits 23s under the fenders), so I am definitely short a road-ish bike that fits big tires. I’ll replace it soon enough.

Sweet… keep us in the loop, would love to do a sandwich / bagel ride up in the canyons. I just got my new work schedule and now have weekends off. Think I’m booked up for the next few weeks but once it gets closer to spring I bet we could all pull something together!

Jesus christ. I rode Green Mountain today because it was dry. Holy fuck, now I remember why it’s been 5 years since I’ve been to that place. Nothing but the most Fred fucks, with absolutely no trail etiquette. Most of the people on foot were pretty good, but I legit yelled at a lady who’s dog was around 50 feet in front of her, just sitting in the middle of the trail. She’s just chatting away on her phone, carrying a fucking tote bag for some reason, not giving a shit about the number of people behind and in front of her, who are waiting for her to get her dog on a leash/off the trail, so they can go by.

Ha! I was going to go to GM today but didn’t because I really needed to go shopping before tomorrow.

I’ll pass.

Anyone going to the ride at Renegade tonight? is it at 7pm?

Yep, we’ll be there. Meets at 7, roll out around 8.

I’ll be the guy in the tarck hat, probably also be the guy coughing. Don’t touch me cos I’m sick.

sick, ill come check it out. how casual is it? like do I need to wear a kit or is it a jorts and plaid sort of affair?

Well jorts might be a little extreme considering it’s going to be 35deg tonight, but if you show up in a kit you’ll feel extra weird.

Most of the homies are still on tarck bikes, we ride in street clothes, and you might wanna bring some beer for the end spot.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/865266573548764/ <— add yourself in here and I’ll approve it. Might want to check in around 6pm to make sure the start spot doesn’t get changed. There’s a small chance that they might want to start at “Our Mutual Friend” instead of renegade.

thanks man! ill be there for sure.

Two Days of Cold Toes got a writeup. We have one more campout scheduled in two months. It will be probably be a longer ride out so it will lean a little more poopbarn and little less wagon train.

I’m hoping to make it to the poopbarn, it’s on my calendar already. Ladybiek has been adjusting her soma for a week or two now with the new handlebars and seems to have a pretty decent fit. Once she’s not sick anymore, we’re going to start doing some longer gravel rides, hopefully she’ll be able to make the campout!

If you want to do the Weld Waltz next month and sup isn’t up for the distance I could probably set up a shorter suploop with my sup.

I’ll get back to you on that one after we get a shorter stem for her. I’m going to do some longer gravel rides maybe up Boulder way and see how she does before we commit / decide anything. I have a friend from Evergreen who might be interested in the overnight as well.

The penultimate Winter Ralleye, the Weld County Waltz, is this Sunday. 80 or so miles, ~70 on gravel and dirt roads. Meet at 7:30 at the Bean Cycle in downtown Fort Collins. Route is posted upthread, though this year’s loop will end at Road 34 Bar.

Moving this to the more appropriate thread

Deer Creek tomorrow at noon, if you’re interested. There’s a group of 5 or 6 of us going.[/quote]

Hope to get out on some rides, tho I’m too busy getting destroyed by school[/quote]

i think school is the problem with your fitness.
but get at us for some rides when you can. i’m trying to mtb pretty much every weekend and get some evening rides in now that daylight savings is happening.

just saw this. i’m out of town this weekend. still haven’t actually made it down there…[/quote]

I’m passing on oil well flats. There are too many rideable trails within 30 minutes to justify a 2.5 hour one-way trip there. Definitely riding both days this weekend, though. Eugene, let me know if you want to ride either day.[/quote]

I’m visiting family for the next 9ish days back in CA. Bummed I’ll be missing what looks like fantastic weather (and going to mudslide country)