COLOYOLO

Just in the event you look at the Fort Collins area, Highway 34 through Rocky Mountain National Park is closed during the winter, so you’d have to go around to get to Granby.

Just in the event you look at the Fort Collins area, Highway 34 through Rocky Mountain National Park is closed during the winter, so you’d have to go around to get to Granby.[/quote]

oh yeah, that’d be a loooong go around. i’d look at golden before denver. close to denver for commuting in to the city but much better trail access and easy access to i-70 to get to granby. or look at idaho springs if you wanna get weird.

I’m excited. I think that hearing from whoever that guy was that we met yesterday that the rides are mellow enough and not stupid elevation gain put her at a little more ease. She likes hearing it from someone besides me :slight_smile:

i wouldn’t call granby in the middle of nowhere. it’s on a major highway (40) and has a ski resort. it’s only a few miles down the road from a major resort in winter park. should be easily accessible in winter. the traffic will be hell in winter due to people going to ski at winter park in particular, but it’s not as bad as other spots. you won’t have to go over loveland or vail pass to get there, which is a plus as both of those passes get pretty nasty during storms. granby also has easy access to the other side of rocky mtn nat’l park for winter adventures also.[/quote]

It’s worth noting that if you don’t have a typical 9-5, getting out there in the winter won’t be much of a hassle.

With the exception of the Pennock Pass ride that’s true, and for a lot of people it’s more a social thing. There’s plenty of fatbikes and flannel and forties.

Def. looking like I’ll be going to border patrol, pennock powwow not so much.

Any idea on the mileages?

The classic Border Patrol is about 80 miles, but the exact route is up in the air this year. One alternate route we’ve used was around 90.

Pennock Pass ride is about 95.

Cold Toes is 25 miles each day.

Cinnamon Roller is 50.

Weld Waltz could be 50-100 depending on the weather.

Prairie Fireball: Last year was 60 per day, but also weather dependent.

Sweet. I don’t think that LadyBiek is up for 90 miles, so there’s a chance I might be doing that one by myself / or with some friends that are more conditioned to distances.

Toes/Roller/Fireball I’m sure she’ll have no trouble with.

The Waltz is out east on the prairie so since the roads are on the grid it’s easily shortened.

Game plan is to do both of the overnighters, roller, and waltz if we can. Was wanting to do border patrol but we have an early Thanksgiving thingy that day.

Cool. The Ralleyes are now “official” so the Border Patrol ride will take the original route through Red Mountain Open Space.

Yeah, saw something about them getting insurance and all that.

Ralleyeing back to the Fort

Is that the kelpie sredmachine that was posted in the other thread?

yup
it is quite dope in person

I hope to see it at the next event (assuming the next one isn’t pennock, LB isn’t up to that.)

We did a nice 90km today up to Rocky Flats and back.

Please excuse the weird image processing, I’m not on my main computer.

Yeah, December is Pennock.

Cold Toes is January.

Welp, cya in January I guess, haha :slight_smile: