Craigslist/ebay/etc finds

thought someone might want to see this

13 Likes

It’s just a dumb old mountain bike

1 Like

Somebody that’s not me buy it and turn it into a basket bike to troll paceline.

3 Likes

We must have a dentist on here who can take one for the team

2 Likes

This cool Trek would look great as a fopped out basket bike.

The price is too high atmo.

1 Like

7 Likes

@Orloved will be notified of any old mtb frames posted here, especially if they are on Craigslist in New York.

3 Likes

I did knock off Serotta’s pink->orange fade they did on the colorado for my own horrible dead end 26er

IIRC the 890 didn’t fit huge tires, but it does have a steeper head tube than most anything else fully-lugged of that early MTB era.

I didn’t know that Spooky ever made steel frames.

1 Like

They made a very small handful, mostly one-offs from what I understand. I can’t quite tell if that one’s real or not, and I’m very tempted to snap it up if it is

Why does it have double eyelets on the fork but none on the rear :face_with_monocle:

It has single fender mounts on the inside of the seat stays. And nice looking attachment points on the bridges. The fork crown is pretty interesting. Whatever that thing is, I don’t think it’s an off the peg maxway frame or whatever. If I needed a 54cm deadender road bike, it would be on my short list.

I very much don’t need it, but I think it’d fit pretty well and be an interesting evolution/replacement for the Bridgestone. A steel Spooky’s been bucket list for a while.

1 Like

Looks like free birth control for most of us that typically ride a 54cm. 60cm seat tube with 822 standover. Adios juevos. Must have been made for someone with tyrannosaurism

3 Likes

Folks want options

3 Likes

Very well could’ve been for a t-rex, but throwing it into bike insights, looks like it’d fit pretty dang close to my RB, but with a 120 instead of the 90 stem I’m currently running, standover be damned.

I wonder if they are more folding than adjustable