Craigslist/ebay/etc finds

This thing is wild.

5 Likes

Wheelset. SP PD-8 dynamo 6 bolt disc hub black, Sturmey 2-speed kickback hub, 6-bolt dicsc, black. Both with silver spokes to all black anno nonmachined Alex Adventurer2 700c rims. 700x38 tanwall gravel kings mounted.

$145 for the front wheel and $130 for the rear.

I think 32 spokes but would have to check. Likewise not sure of the rear hub OLD. Front was Q/R.

At the used parts place, holler if you want them I can prob get over there tomorrow or Tuesday.

$800 hetchins

1 Like

[quote]Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding a vintage*Hetchins.

H28315 is listed in the ledgers as a model Nulli Secundus, type 6 (this
refers to frame geometry), 22-inch, straight stays, first sold to Ken
Apps of Hastings on 8 August 1961, price 15 pounds 15 shillings.

It was the eight thousand three hundred fifteenth frame made since they
started counting in Aug 1935.[/quote]

That’s so cool!

2 Likes

this is about 400 usd in 2023 dollars for anyone else curious

4 Likes

call me crazy but I’m willing to pay 400USD for that

Do not need at all, but I have a soft spot for this era D-A, not to mention the lugged Allez.

4 Likes

just buy that, it’s worth more after a little cleanup or for a guest bike

2 Likes

Dammit, it’s in my size and it has CXP30 rims.

1 Like

instant buy for a … decibong.

1 Like

Now I’m trolling eBay for NOS CXP30s to make a disc wheelset out of.

2 Likes

Good luck
But you’re better off trying to find the kinlin xr31 or one of its clones(?) that a few companies tried to sell. Hunt sold a polished silver version and hope(?) sold a 16/8 and 24h bead blasted silver version

Hunt 20/24

1 Like

Did you buy it? The listing is gone.

1 Like

Yeah. Not as nice in person, but I picked it up anyways.
Shifters are crap Tiagra replacements, other components are a bit scratched up. The fork is aluminum blades, I forgot Specialized had those that looked like lugged steel from afar. The crank has shoe rub, but that’s fine Its the piece I was mostly after.

D-A hubs are just dusty, rims are in great shape. Has a cool Specialized branded headset.

The sellers dad was the original owner.

19 Likes

and the parts bin dithering begins!

1 Like

This is probably too small and I have no business buying anything roadbike, still tempting tho. Maybe not a great price, but they put the money to good use.

3 Likes

tomorrow i’m going to check this miyata out for my tiny cousin who needs a commuter. seems like a pretty good deal for its condition, just hoping the components are in decent shape too. Miyata 612 GT Gravel Touring Bike - bicycles - by owner - bike sale

3 Likes

I’ve never seen a poorly- built Miyata, they always seem nicely brazed up. You probably are well aware, but if not IMO look closely at and try the brakes, if it was a 27"-to-700c conversion braking may work but not be great.

2 Likes

Rescued this Bridgestone MB-3 from the thrift store last weekend for $15

And immediately blew out the budget with some nice XT eBay stuff

11 Likes

Oh that makes me want to put a brass barrel adjuster on the similarly vintage XT dangler on my Sam.