Craigslist/ebay/etc finds

Do it brassy is classy

1 Like

SAME

man, every thrift store bike I check out is always a clapped out aluminum GT for like $80. that’s a sick find

2 Likes

good tip! most of the components look original, but it seems old enough that I’d expect 27" wheels instead of 700c.

there was also a softride in decent condition but for $200. Always wanted to do a fixed gear softride

2 Likes

Where would one find these?

2 Likes

Also here. Both look like a brass version of the Paragon adjusters.

2 Likes

if you wanna spend 3x more than the crust version: barrel adjusters — shovel research

2 Likes

Oooh, these little clampy bois are kinda neat.

1 Like

does anyone have a source for brass barrel adjusters for canti brake hangers? as far as I can tell they don’t exist and I don’t know why. my coworker is a hobbyist machinist and I might have to get him to whip some up

Like these?

edit: whoops @alp already posted this

1 Like

sorry should have clarified, does anyone have a source for M6 brass barrel adjusters for canti brake hangers

I’m not sure what size housing these will fit, but you want to go to a crusty old moped shop or somewhere that knows metric bikes, like Japanese or old BMW. Throttle cables, clutch cables, and fittings for carbs all have M6 brass adjusters available.

etc etc…

2 Likes

Holy shit look at all this glorious little stuff!

https://www.myronsmopeds.com/2014/07/cable-parts-2/

I used to work at a bike shop next to a moto shop and we’d get folks coming over all the time looking for stuff for their weird moto project.

2 Likes

Damn you’re quite the resource

2 Likes

C&D!!

Just kidding. Those are rad!

1 Like

The foundation of our team of experts is Jimmy’s knowledge of occult fasteners.

10 Likes

For tall bois

1 Like