Craigslist/ebay/etc finds

It’s a bike!

10 Likes

Love this paint

1 Like

I do not need another bike, but I want another bike.

3 Likes

That is my perpetual state. Especially when it’s a 56 or 57.

1 Like

Same here but on the 54-56 end.

Do not need another bike, do not need another bike, do not need another bike…

8 Likes

love those gen 1 cosmics

1 Like

Hey, you’re wrong, you do need another bike.

Or maybe I need another bike and let’s see if it’s still up once I have a job.

1 Like

Is that a Schwinn? Trying to figure out by the seatstay cluster

They did Japanese frames they marketed as lightweight in the 10speed era. Might be why he is calling it that but the pictures I googled where giving me concave seatstay tips

Seller says he picked it up in Tucson BITD and he is the second owner, it was repainted under his ownership. Says it is an Andy Gilmour.

It’s an hour away,not sure if I can get there anytime soon but things tend to hang around on CL much longer here than in Portland or Seattle. Also in general the vintage lugged road bike market seems pretty down.

So I’m not in hot pursuit, but going to be thinking about it in the next few days for sure.

2 Likes

I’ve always thought voodoos were cool and this pops up in my area when I’m in seattle

2 Likes

My favorite tiny LBS that just semi-closed (one dude working from his basement fixing bikes now) had/has 2-3 OG VooDoo framesets sitting around, new and never built. I try not to think about this kind of thing when my tax return comes in.

4 Likes

My first new bike was a voodoo. I think it was a wazoo? It was when I was working in my first shop and I built it as a fixed gear mountain bike. I did my first ride on it without any brakes. Halfway down the first hill at a local trail, I dropped the chain. With no way to stop, I had to quickly decide where to crash that would cause me the least damage.

6 months later I sold the frame on CL and traded the wheels for a rad paint job on my road bike.

6 Likes

One of my favorite bikes of all time was a purple HooDoo. That yellow one is a goddamn steal!

1 Like

@halbritt were you looking for speedblends?

Some guy in Rocklin posted an apparently unused pair for $100, which seems a bit much for old tires but cheaper than getting an OEM to make another run

1 Like

Messaged, thanks.

2 Likes

Bike swap is tomorrow. Today I helped set up and check in bikes.

All kinds of stuff showed up.

I need to spend some time with spoke calc tonight. I have hubs and rims already.

15 Likes

When you volunteer, you get to go to the VIP presale. I was VERY restrained this year.

That stem in less common 90mm length. Ringle skewers.

15 Likes