Crapbrapping or Pukebacking or Poopbarning

tents lol.

hammocks don’t have poles, you silly sallies!

What if you got no trees?

1 Like

hammocks freak me out, no amount of balls in the wind sensations will keep me in one for longer than 10 minutes

1 Like

Backing this. Pass.

Been hammock camping for just over a decade now and it is the fucking best. I have a tent I’ve never slept in, it just gets lent out to homies for trips.

Hammocks are great but sometimes I wanna smang on a clean flat surface

In Austin there are lots of bike lanes and while people drive like assholes, I typically feel like people try not to hit me (I had far more shouty/harassing interactions with drivers in Iowa City).

That being said, people drop the hammer out in the country here. Roads are narrow, speed limits are high, drivers are unlicensed/uninsured/drunk, and I guess without a serious posse I feel like I’d rather find other ways to spend my weekends.

That’s a really neat idea! Luckily, our trusty REI HalfDome2’s poles fit perfectly along my toptube.

Maybe I’m doing it wrong, but every time I’ve gone hammock-camping, my knees hurt in the morning from sleeping on my back.

Yeah, I really want to try a hammock / tarp / quilt system but this is me sleeping every night:

I dunno if I could deal with being on my back the entire time.

3 Likes

I roll uncontrollably during the night at home, or in a tent.

In a hammock though, I don’t ever roll, and I’m much more comfortable.

It’s worth trying.

I sleep on my side all the time in a hammock. Kind of in a fetal position. It takes a little fiddling to find the right hammock and to set it up correctly, but it’s not that complicated. Once you find a reasonably good setup it’s really comfy. I usually go back and forth between sleeping on my back and side during the night, same as I do in a bed.
Supposedly some people manage to sleep on their stomach in a hammock but that’s pushing it.

TL;DR if you’re interested and you camp in places where it’s warm at night, give it a shot.

Considering how easy it is to DIY a hammock, it’s worth messing with. Google “crinkle taffeta tablecloth hammock”

not great for stomach sleepers?

You can do it but it’s weird. I sleep on my back and side in the hammock which is the same in bed.

The trick to hammock sleeping is to not sleep directly along the line of the hammock but to sleep slightly across it. This keeps your sleeping position much more flat than the harsh bow shape you take if you sleep directly on the axis.

1 Like

Got my Blackburn frame bag.

It’s cool and feels solid, but it measures a solid 2" shorter than the 18" length advertised. If the same was true of a large, I could probably fit that in the triangle. I don’t want to deal with returns enough to find out.

1 Like

sold your pedals to afford frame bags, i see

1 Like

Also sold my starnut and top cap. Hopefully that bike will be rolling by Sunday. Gonna try to take it camping soon.

1 Like

not sure why you didn’t sell a pump if that’s the case

The black one is the pump I leave in the car for cross races. Crappy enough that no one would want to steal it if I accidentally leave it out in a rush to get to the start line.

1 Like

Do they fit on the side of the downtube? I’ve seen some shorties do that