Cutter sucks

origin8 makes some decent pedals. they come powdercoated in obnoxious colors, but the black and white powdercoat aint bad. it’s otherwise a basic wellgo pedal that starts out shitty but once the bearings break in they’re pretty smooth.

i’m curious about the origin8 pedals i just bought. light as hell for platform pedals, haven’t seen them branded under other companies. they only come in black and silver though, which probably explains why i haven’t seen a whole lot of them.

Origin8 is coming out with an aluminum single-speed CX bike. Since I work for a company with a J&B account, I plan on picking one up at cost, JASCOing the paint off, and then racing some of the SS category races next year.

[quote=GRHebard]
theyre innertubes are good and cheap[/quote]
tubes used to be cheap. Got four from
chainlove and they lasted me a year between 3 bikes. But the price went up to 4 for 11.99 plus ship. Might as well just buy a 10 pack from pricepoint. Also boo on nonthreaded valves (cos picky about looks).

cos serious about looks

threaded valves suck my ass in a serious way

Pump destroyers.

for real. shit ruined my last hand pump, i swore never to use a threaded post valve again. of course, every time i’ve been to a shop since then, i’ve asked for non-threaded post and not gotten it. grrrrr.

Yeah, they’re surprisingly hard to get a hold of. As a mechanic, I can tell you that lots of customers are actually afraid of non-threaded valves because they think that little nut is super important and that, without out, the 48mm valve will just disappear into the rim, never to be found again.

i have that neon gray / green cutter thing, it’s pretty nice, color maybe not so much but eh, cant complain. logo does fucking suck though.

Origin-8 bars are good. Cheaper than Nitto, anodized/powdercoated.

thought this was gonna be about this turd:

that sucks too

/facepalm

Yup, seriously. Fuck threaded valves.

Also, I’ve some Cutter brand knicks. They alright.

On my training wheels I have one threaded and one not threaded because I just buy whichever tubes are the cheapest. I hate clinchers.
Tubulars for ever and ever as god intended until he consumes us all in the cleansing fires of the apocalypse.
Amen.

Edit: Clincher-acolypse

also, fuck tubes with non removeable cores when i flat in the middle of nowhere and cant use my extenders, but i dont know this until i unwrap said tube in the middle of nowhere. FML.

[quote=halbritt]Yup, seriously. Fuck threaded valves.

Also, I’ve some Cutter brand knicks. They alright.[/quote]

Someone post a pic of a non-threaded valve or explain wts it is, I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen one.

Edit I think i get it… there is no threading at all, neither for a cap nor the nut that keeps it attached to the rim?

Threading for the cap and the nut

threading for the cap, threadless cos no nuts

I like the nut cause it helps keep the valve from bending side to side when hooking/unhooking/pumping.
With that said, I have one of the adapters that threads on (to the cap threads) that converts to shrader. I ALWAYS use this… gas station emergency, but generally just leave my pump set to that. Also alows cool dice on valve-stem :colbert:

Not sure what extenders you speak of, but buy the adapter thing that threads on like i have… works with all tubes. Unless you are talking some CO2 cartridge hookup.
or really deep rims?

He’s talking about valve extenders for deep-section rims.

Really though, carbon clinchers are the Freddest of all Fred things, and if you’re going to use them, you should just carry 80mm tubes with you.