Cutter sucks

I like the nut cause it helps keep the valve from bending side to side when hooking/unhooking/pumping.
With that said, I have one of the adapters that threads on (to the cap threads) that converts to shrader. I ALWAYS use this… gas station emergency, but generally just leave my pump set to that. Also alows cool dice on valve-stem :colbert:

Not sure what extenders you speak of, but buy the adapter thing that threads on like i have… works with all tubes. Unless you are talking some CO2 cartridge hookup.
or really deep rims?
[/quote]

Lightning is talkin bout something totally different than you chevy. His adapters are so he can pump into some deep dishers. Urs are so you can use any pump.

In other news, its so hilarious when our team/club does group rides and someone flats and I change their tire so one of my teammates doesn’t have to sit their for 30 mins while they figure out how to change a tire on their pos. People are always baffled when I say… you don’t really need those nuts or those caps. They think the world is going to end.

Got it. Thought about that later.
The “incase I’m stuck in middle of nowhere” is why I have the adapters… so I wasn’t sure. Hence the CO2/really deep rims comments I added.

EDIT:
lets get back on track here…

Is it bad I kinda want one of those shirts?

Your hebro right here made some. I think MissusTufnel has one still.

Can’t remember what zombie did with his.

Na, I’d buy one, but I already have the letters to iron on to an already dirty shirt (but lost interest Halloween morning).

xVALVECOREx

threaded valves say fuck all you guys too.

i gave up on using hand pumps because they kept destroying my pumps. you’re telling me, all this time, it was actually the tube valve destroying the pump? oh well, I’m serious about my look and switched to C02 shortly after snapping several in succession. no probs since and threaded looks sexy. if you guys really covet the non-threaded look, that’s all cutter comes in. and its ultra ugly because the valve is a bronzey color instead of silver so you boys should be extra in to them. yuck

you use co2 for every inflation?

bronzey color = poor mans gold.

I use CO2 for every inflation on the road because I’m an idiot.

I stopped using co2 when I got a slow leak and pumped it back up and went a few miles, and then couldn’t pump it back up again while still trying to get home. Luckily my turpbro had his hand pump but yeah.
SHIT IS WEAK

i have a pump that does both.
cant seem to find it right now tho, so i couldnt tell you what brand it is

i carry both. i pump if i’m in a good mood, co2 if i feel shitty. sometimes i pump it up as much as I can easily with the pump, then top it off with the co2.

I use CO2 on the road. Floor pump at home. It eliminates the need for a hand pump that rips off my stems.

i go belt and suspenders – CO2 + hand pump in bag

I use my lungs =[

I upset a bunch of people on here not too long ago by saying this.

also, what’s with the poor road-inflation form going on in here? i can’t imagine a situation where an adaptor or CO2, would be useful.

y: teach me your ways. I’m not shy about the fact that I use CO2 due to my complete mechanical ineptitude when it comes to hand pumps. In my hands, those things are nothing more than tube destroyers because I can’t get past 100psi without moving and breaking the valve.

Also, CO2 for when I don’t want to carry a bag. If I’m going on a long roadie ride, all I want in my pockets is ID, debit card, snack, and phone. Does that situation work for you?

my pump’s pretty small. it also doesn’t put out much air volume so it let’s you get to higher psi than you’d need relatively easily (though 100 is usually plenty for me). I find when the pumping gets hard, it’s good to grab the pump head through the spokes while kinda hanging on to the rim. not sure where you said you stood in the valve thread debate but screwing on those lil’ rings too tight is a frequent source of valve-splosion

ps. get this thing, mine is five years old and goes everywhere i go:

100 psi is plenty. Hell, as long as you don’t weigh over 200 and don’t ride like a fool 75 ought to get you home.