D2R2 2k-er-18

what they said. still worth doing in that case! brian w did it on a road bike with 39/28 and 28mm gatorskins one year, he still had a great time

WAT?

I’m in for the 180K but hip bursitis is flaring up so might roll the 115K, I’ve swapped routes before with NFP.

Looking forward to seeing old tarck friends, meeting some with realface time.

Look for my flatbed truck with the umbrella clad picnic table. Help yourselves to beer/root beer from the cooler if I’m not around.

Fit a bigger cassette or compact crank if you can, if not, not a deal breaker.

I ride 27mm PR tubs most years and bomb the jeep track at ludicrous speed heckling roadies every year…

I’m regged for mystery ride

It doesn’t look like I’m going to make it cuz taking time off in late sept and need to save some $ for that. I guess there’s always next year.

Look in little local stores for Bart’s in pints…

I wish I could come do this ride. One of the best imo, have fun y’all!

I’m getting excited for this.

Gearing lower this year with a 11/32 cassette and 28/42 cranks.

officially bumped up to the 160k

160cru

10k more broseph. Ahem Eric you too.

180k or die trying…

I can’t. I’m bringing two first timers and think the 180 might be a bit much to start. Better to leave them wanting more than to kill them on their inaugural visit.

Nice, healthy elevation drop for the last section of the 160 should make for a relatively easy finish in comparison.

There’s a healthy drop on the 180. It is some rad single-trackish stuff :slight_smile:

^ i think the 120 did that descent at the end the times i’ve went too. i’d be sad to miss it but i don’t want to wring hands too much, it’s gonna be fucking awesome regardless

OK this sounds SO RAD. JOIN ME!

[quote]13) MYSTERY RIDERS: the recon ride this morning had a different flavor because the humidity created a lot of slick rocks in places. It yielded two key thoughts:

a) When you’re riding with other people, be aware of their tire sizes and adjust your speed accordingly. This course, more than any other we have presented, will ride differently depending on tire size

b) the cue sheet will segment the ride according to the gnarliest sections. At the start of each Class IV road, you will have a description of the rough stuff as well as a skinny-tire detour. More to come for you guys!

Sandy is going to do another recon Monday before signing off on the course, and he’s even suggested that he might reverse the course depending on the weather predictions! Either way, the hope is that the route itself will offer enough options along the way so everyone goes home dirty and happy. Sandy did his recon today on 32c Conti 4-Seasons, modeling a worst-case bike, and his report was that three downhills were the most demanding that he’s ever offered.

*Note: First Timers to D2R2 probably do not want to attempt the Mystery Ride[/quote]

A friend and I switched to Mystery last week.
Reading that Sandy found the downhills “most demanding” is a little concerning; I’ve followed him down sketchy descents before. Yikes.

rocks are probably slick as fuck right now. I would have broken ribs/sternum a couple weeks ago on some humid slick shit if I wasn’t fat as fuck. Be safe out there.

I successfully tried out using my Luxos U to charge my Garmin 1000. No way the Garmin will last long enough for me. I’ve only been getting about 8 hours of it, maybe a little more if I turn off bluetooth and similar tricks. I only have to plug it in intermittently.