Dammit: Post your bike

I know Riv has been preaching that thumbie mounting for a long time, and the amount of time those guys spend in the small/big I know it must shift good enough, and it looks nice tucked away, I’ve just never cared enough to try it.

1 Like

This is The Way and how I setup any sweepy back bars now after experiencing it as the stock setup on my Clem.

1 Like

I think my interests have diverged from Tarck.

7 Likes

I love that all this dithering has led to a not-riv (and sometimes riv!) style garbage bike but can we get back to fast bikes with fat tires and TAF paint jobs

3 Likes

Not everyone gets to be a hermit and buy any car they want as long as it’s an audi

1 Like

Tarck has always had a split between high performance go fast bikes and slow all terrainasauri, its just that the latter has become popular with the masses so it makes sense more and more would show up here.

When I first started reading the forums close to a decade ago back in the original fast bikes with fat tires thread this would have my dream bike. Now I have it, 700x38s, 11-28 x 46/39, slammed long and low cruiser bars. Goes as fast as I can make it, which isn’t saying much.

edit: fast bikes and fat tires just over a decade ago, aside from a million pics of guyshoe’s kilo WT still a fun read.

12 Likes

It’s funny I went in the opposite direction. I spent grad school drooling over a Riv 650B Saluki, bought a used one post grad school, graduated to a Rene Herse fopmobile, and now I’m back to screw anything bigger than 28 mm, maybe 32 mm if I’m roughing it.

The only bike I regret selling is my Toei, which was a rando that only took up to 28 mm tires. If anyone knows who has this bike tell them I will buy it back.

9 Likes

Yes the under the bar thumbie thing is what I have on 1 or 2 bikes now. The Hillborne had that two but I think I like it right-side-up on the upside down Albas.

ultraomanticman has some thumbies upside down way away from the grips which I wanted to try too but prob on a diff bike

1 Like

My only real rides on that Hillborne, as it is, has been to take the dog for our leisurely cruise, which is 2.5mi at most right now, but i’m going to ramp her up to 5mi.
so…its perfect

1 Like

Jesus must have some really long fingers.

Did you sell this to James?

I don’t remember who bought it, and I don’t think I know James. This was like 2013 or so.

nm he didn’t buy anything from you. He did build up a Toei copying your Toei though. You and him rode together a few times like 10 years ago.

1 Like

We painted the shop and it looks so good. We only picked the color because it’s called pickle.

28 Likes

Ah yes I remember James. Poor James riding with slow folks who stopped for smokes and food and pictures. I think he was expecting something more spirited :slight_smile:

I can’t believe I used to ride 100+ miles at a time with smoke breaks. WTH

5 Likes

the good old days…

3 Likes

Yeah, riding 45 miles to three floyds while stopping for weed and cig breaks, getting there and drinking five beers and eating a pizza then riding 45 miles home and then drinking six more beers. I kinda miss being in my 20s sometimes.

9 Likes

Hnnnggg.

Sometimes I think about getting a frame made to basically smoosh my fat tire Endpoint and Kirk into one bike and it would probably end up something like that, but with 35-38 tires. Then I think about how much that might cost and that I’d probably just end up with different regrets than I have now.

2 Likes

thats beautiful. So fucking good.

is that the TOEI you sold @anon3547885

Shifters in a weird place but I like it.

3 Likes

Hell yeah