Dammit: Post your bike

Yeah, but carbon fiber splinters no bueno. That catches your glove…

use quick release gloves boom problem SOLVED

3 Likes

Spooky is so on point

8 Likes

Once upon a time I was riding with my buddy Rick, and he just disappeared. I Stopped and he eventually turned up. He had been reaching down behind to clear his tires as he’d just ridden thru some glass, but somehow he put his hand in the wrong spot, and it got drawn into and wedged upbetween the back wheel and the frame, completely locking it up. Ha ha. No injuries, apart from a red face.

Double post if you follow me on instagram:

Almost 6 years ago I bought this bike from a friend. 4 years ago I sold it to another friend. In that time it’s been owned by 3 or 4 other friends, almost all using it for work. Today it’s come back to me to become become my old man retirement cruiser.

Putting a Clydesdale fork on it in the next day or so.

10 Likes

I did same with frork when I was a noob. 7 stitches in lip and cracked 2 teeth.

1 Like

Thats nasty . I think we were riding uphill so he just stalled and toppled over.

I ripped a shoe almost in half one time when it got sucked under the brake bridge while ted shredding. I thought I broke my foot too but it calmed down by the end of the day.

1 Like

When I was a kid I was riding to a birthday party holding the gift while I rode. I dropped it and while I tried to reach down to grab it, got my hand stuck between the spokes and one of the fork legs. I sat on a front yard trying to get it out until someone came along to help me. I was late to the party and nobody believed my story. They just looked at me like I was crazy.

2 Likes

before i got through the pics i said to my self “that looks like a cool rump dumper- i hope he’s gonna clydes it”

stoke levels for you are high. i’m close to having my clydesdell back up and running with a new frame, as soon as i confirm that it’s not cracked

1 Like

wait. is that a low trail long tail? how did/does that ride?

The stupidly low trail is really good at damping xtracycle shimmy. I’m still using this machine, but only until I get the rear triangle thing for the replacement brazed together.

Hopped on a train to Gothenburg a few weekends ago. Snapped the Snowaguchi against my buddy’s gothic pioneer house.

My rear GP4000 came apart on the ride; I realized later that I’d had a brake pad poorly aligned a while ago and it put just enough of a gouge along the bead that sitting unused for the winter and being pumped up again caused the tube to start bubbling out of it in four different places.

It’s shod in all new 4-seasons. Those are good tires.

Incidentally, I tried to lower the saddle to make the bike fit in a ‘carry-on’ bag for the train and the post is fused to the frame. Considering taking it to the shop to have them free it, but it’s at the perfect height and it’s a Thomson so I can’t think of a reason to bother other than if there’s corrosion inside I have to worry about. Hive mind?

7 Likes

See if you can free the post before it’s permanent. But don’t try so hard that you ruin the post or frame in case you need to just leave it in. Freeing a 100% frozen post is a huge pain in the ass.

1 Like

Guyshoeing it. Temporary install. Need to add another support, or modify the current supports/bar mounts.

5 Likes

Loosen everything up, maybe cool it off with ice packs, and see if you have a sacrificial saddle you can put on and give it a solid whack with a mallet.

I’m just a simple country lawyer, but that basket looks like it’s canted awfully far out over the front wheel. Have you tried riding with a load in it yet?

1 Like

Just now. First basketbike, so I’ll that any advice I get from here. Going to modify the bar mounts to bring it closer. Still may try supports mounted to the forks.

I’m still on my zeroth basket bike, so this is just secondhand knowledge and my eyeballing a single picture.

Oh shit wait fuckin brainwave here: can you modift the handlebar attachments to fit into the empty space inside the Alter? that would pull the basket way in and under the stem, but would snug it up really nice. Plus the handlebars would act as a natural lid to the basket!

the alter has that center tube in the casting, it’s been a while but I think it’s a thru hole. Could drop a bolt thru it and attach hanger/basket underneath.