Dammit: Post your bike

New Crust just dropped.
Hard rubbish gaspipe MTB, all the shifty bits stripped off, 2-speed rear coaster wheel, front wheel with redundant disc. Big apples.
Off to the beach shack, think this is bike #5.

27 Likes

That looks fun as hell

2 Likes

Finished the build on the dumpster 1k for a friend with a stiff back. Wish this thing were my size, so smooth. The only hitch was a broken rear axle and having to deal with canti brakes.

13 Likes

I had the next touring bike down in the miyata line up BITD. 600 maybe? It was very smooth but maybe a little too smooth for my weight, I could almost shift the front just by climbing out of the saddle.

1 Like

Did you switch to 700c? Ash had like a 48cm version of that bike that came with 27” wheels and I could never make the cantis work with 700. I actually built a set of 27” wheels for it lol.

1 Like

My most recent stupid build. Might put swoopy bars on it for around town use. I had almost all the parts to build in my bin. 45T Alfine ring/Absolute Black 18t cog and a Rohloff tensioner. Force cranks/shitty bmx pedals. 24mm Vittoria Open Corsa SR on Kysrium Yksion wheels, raceblade long fenders, Terrible zero gravity calipers laced to some trp levers. 3T cockpit.

19 Likes

Love it. Needs a Wald.

4 Likes

Needs a magic gear! There was a warrantied R5ca that had a busted pusher hanger I built up SS with a magic gear. Weighed like 12lbs. Only got to ride it a couple times. My boss assumed it was actually mine and put it with my other junk for HR to give me and I regret not playing along.

4 Likes

Angle_grinder.jpg

1 Like

It came equipped with 700c, which was the spec for this year (1985), although looks like these were not the stock wheels if the catalogue is to be trusted.

1 Like

Rode this thing for the first time in like ten months. I’m gonna hybridize it so I actually ride the thing.

It’s still a real nice riding bike.

20 Likes

worth doing. i had a lot of fun when mine was a hybrid but i ultimately liked it better as a curly bar bike. somehow it felt more rowdy with drops- not sure how that works but here i am

6 Likes

Also dusted off the curly bar bike

15 Likes

I’m in denver for two days and getting around on this thing that I left in my dad’s basement. It feels like the bike version of a Colorado native sticker, but hopefully cooler.

40 Likes

rip lemmy

9 Likes

Had the ‘pieced together from co op and parts bin’ look to it. I dig it.

The looptail rear end is doing it for me

2 Likes

That bike fucking rules. Needs a Clydesdale.

7 Likes

This was the right decision. I’m gonna put a thousand miles on this bike this summer.

11 speed friction shifting rules!

27 Likes

that escalated quickly.

i want to try this 11 friction
seems precise

3 Likes

Dang dude, getting shit done

1 Like