Dammit: Post your bike

Looks like they’re these:

God damn, bicycle shit has gotten expensive.

3 Likes

hot damn

now noticing the Project One logo on your chainstay

2 Likes

Unless you’re riding 650b, which is the land of eyewateringly expensive lightweight rims.

forreal. i think imma buy a set of these to replace my alloy zipp SL70 classic bars. these look fantastic

I can confirm the bonti vr-cf alloy bars are quite good as well

Better link

2 Likes

this looks like a smartened up Zipp SL80, I’m curious about this thing.

Are we still updating the parts database?

1 Like

I haven’t. Should wait until I’m less stoned to do so.

1 Like

I only have experience with the Rimpact version, but they were no harder to install than a slightly squirmy tube.

2 Likes

dang, get me into one of these with 33mm road tubeless. Here I was thinking I should save up for a disc frame +chinacabon rims!!

2 Likes

I have a 10yo steel frame that totally got a second life when I put tubeless tires on. I used 25mm to be conservative about clearance, but when they wear out I’m going up to 28mm. DT460 rims wih dyno front / 105 rear for winter, CK r45 to deep carbon rims for summer.

1 Like

@JUGE_FREDD do you mean the current model “S TR”, or is “S TR” third gen?

Read some mixed reviews over here about the S TR not being as reliable / durable as the previous model.

From what I could find maybe in S TR they removed some of the protection of the previous model and branded it as “tubeless-only” rather than “tubeless-ready”

“GP5000 S TL” was their first generation of road tubeless, which had a full butyl rubber liner layer inside that made them almost airtight even without sealant. The original road tubeless tires from Hutchinson 10-15 years ago had even thicker UST style liners but that’s gone out of favor along with tapeless rims.

“GP5000 S TR” was their second generation, which has a few tweaks to how the casing is constructed but is mostly ditching the rubber liner layer. I think they’re still not quite as supple/comfy as the lighter Schwalbe tires but like the end result.

I’m unaware of a third generation

The main downside of the lighter casing is having to pump up your tires more regularly

2 Likes

Speaking of 33mm tubeless on old road bikes, I don’t think I’ve posted this since I got the new fork. Or maybe I have.

Need to engage in some mild tang-manipulation to get the rack a little further out.

29 Likes

Nice! What fork is that?

Mars Cycles touring fork…it was made for a custom bike but the customer didn’t end up buying it. It’s sparkly…one day it will go on a sparkly bike.

2 Likes

That makes me want to put a TL fork on my michalo. Would need a very similar mid reach & fender eyelet fork which isn’t that common.

1 Like

Soma might sell something like that.

heck, you’re right. I feel like I looked a few years ago and didn’t have much luck.
I have one of the Champs Elysee canti forks that I swapped onto my CX frame when I used it for a Japan tour.

2 Likes

any bike can wear some eyeshadow

7 Likes

This explains why mine were always way lower than expected after a few days.