di2 DQs

go external with your [not yet owned] internal [battery] with the shimmy-no bitcoin one

2 Likes

That was my thought reading through all this. Then I realized the bike I’d do any Di2 shenanigans on already has a big battery, a motor, and two things that have tunable firmware on them, so what’s just a little bit more anyway :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Oooh, that’s actually pretty nice; it’s got a 6-port hub in it for people who don’t kitbash their wiring.

I’ve been mostly joking about building an Alfine rear wheel for the Lorry, but looking at the gear ratios on that hub it would fix the awkward gap between the 11T and 13T cogs that bike currently has. Cadence at 20 mph on that thing feels too slow in the 11T and too fast in the 13T (with a 40T or 42T ring). I could ride slower, but why.

So for a Di2 Alfine 11 setup, are these all the Di2 parts I’d need?

• Hub (duh) and small parts kit
  • Motor unit
  • Shifter
  • Display (SC-MT800 looks neat)
  • Battery
  • Battery mount (if external battery)

The seatpost is some generic 31.8mm thing. Should any of the branded seatpost battery stuffer accessories work as long as it matches the size of that post?

Edit to add: fix the awkward gap between the 11 and 13 and still give a low low gear of similar inches.

On mine I’ve got shifter-display/A junction-B junction-battery-robot shifting gizmo.

That’s on your Bullitt?

Oh, I sort of get it now. You need something to connect all the wires together.

https://bike.shimano.com/en-US/product/component/duraace-9070-di2/SM-JC40.html

Correct o

Thanks to @Orc and @LASER_BEIGE, both my cargo bikes are now di2!

5 Likes

What fixed it? We need closure!

Orc sent me a battery mount and A junction that they did some computer wizardry to and that made it work.

2 Likes

Rudy’s current set up is, if I’m not mistaken, the pictured R600 + an ew67a + a bmr2 (& battery) + a jc41 + a 6870 dangler + a mess of di2 wiring (all flashed up to the most uptodate firmware except maybe the R600 because that never passed through my bike mess.)

2 Likes

R600 was mine and the a junction was from @Orc di2 bundle I used half of

Oh, the story is much more complicated than that; I think Rudy’s original bmr had REALLY OLD firmware and wouldn’t talk to everything else, so I sent the ew67 + bmr2 I’d been using as my acceptance test rig and I believe the ew90 you sent is coming back to PDX rn :-)

2 Likes

“di2 DQs”
more like
“DiQs”

9 Likes

Apparently someone on paceline “confirmed” 12sp 1/2 wireless dura ace

One step closer to my dream of 12sp wireless Tiagra.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the wireless fly-by-wire jammers to start showing up.

1 Like

I’d be happy with a cell phone jammer for those loud pricks on my train commute.

Well I bought these cheap ultegra di2 cable shiftybrifties. What kinda dangler and pusher (and battery mount and junctions) should I be looking for.

2 Likes