Dickaleurs

Seems expensive for a prototype

sold out tho

I suggested something similar way back in this thread (along with some other Q/R hardware used in other applications). But never actually built anything, I wonder how well it works.

1 Like

I wonder if 10b2 connectors would work as well?

Had to search, this is one of the first image results.

I was thinking of the traditional thinnet coax connectors:

is this for di2?

Yea, but the one I found would be funner.

Imgur

Anyone got an example of a ‘slam that stem’ with decaleur?

Neat video using a see-thru faux boxy bag to demonstrate how RaClips & Dockit decaleur interface with bike https://www.facebook.com/337496869793673/posts/1110024625874223?sfns=mo

4 Likes

i still have no interest in dockit, but the raclips are real cool looking

1 Like

They were a game changer for my acorn. Totally worth it and tarck approved. Mine came from grand bois in Japan which was really fun but it’s cool to have them available through the usa now too.

Weighed the bike side of my DIY decalleur while stuff was apart, 157g

4 Likes

Finally had a minute to install these RaClips (purchased from Waxwing Bag Co) that I’ve had sitting in a bin for months.
Overall I really like the design!
More Decaleur photos here

Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Note that rack tubing diameter matters unless you want to modify the plastic clips. I’d eventually like to have a set on my Elephant which sees much more bouncing but a little nervous about enlarging the clamp diameter and possibly breaking one.
Do they make special drill bits for plastic?
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

4 Likes

they do! but it probably isn’t what you’re hoping for.

they have a much sharper angle and a lot of them seem to be heavily “brassed off”- less(?) rake at the cutting edge, so it doesn’t bite quite the same as you’d want for aluminum or steel since plastic is a lot “gummier” of a material

i’d reckon you’d wanna attack it with either a fine round file, or maybe a piece of target-diameter tubing with sand paper attached. not sure if that would oversize it too much but i reckon you want about that much clearance. the concern there is just ending up with enough meat left.

who’s gonna step up while stuck at home and make a print file for us? i can try to make one on tinkercad but i’ve never printed anything so it would probably be garbage

1 Like

Those clips are to supplement the velcro straps under the bag?

I was super confused for a minute until I realized the straps on your bag wrap around from the outside of the bag to the inside, unlike the Ozette I have where they wrap around from the inside to the outside.

They are to replace the hook&loop velcro which eventually wears out, I just attached them in the photo for centering & clean look. Hopefully the RaClips are a little quicker than velcro.
The reason my velcro comes from outside edge is because its a customized bag and I knew I was going to order a rack from Orc so it would have outside perimeter.
Bag was sewn first then Orc designed the rack based upon the measurements of the real bag I sent him. Idea for outside velcro was based upon desire for ease of attachment.

I kinda hate the inside velcro and have forgotten to fasten it a number of times already.

Will be interested in hearing how they work out.

I have used the grand boys rackips for a while (basically the same thing as these). They’re better than velcro (which never actually worked on my acorn) and a worthy thing to get imo.

Are Grand Bois exactly the same? I am not very good at internet right now apparently.