Dickaleurs

Homie died

Oh shit, RIP Max

Attn: Hackaleurs.

This new Paragon bottle cage mount thingy has great potential. It’s mounted to a clamping spacer, not connected to the stem.

Thanks @frank_doktor for pointing it out!

1 Like

I used some pannier clips with a QR release on the bag and a headset spacer bell mount with a bunch of assorted rack and pannier hardware. Works fine.

I do wish this was all a bit more accessible for folks who dither less than us.

1 Like

I never got around to making a decent QR for the bag, but then again, I’m not really concerned with removing it for the most part.

6 Likes

What do we have goin on there

So I’ve got 2 more sets of raclips on the way that need enbiggening, y’all want to see more process pictures or was my previous post in the rack thread enough?

2 Likes

Well my 2 new sets of raclips haven’t arrived yet, but I found a spare set in the bike dungeon and finished up the mounting of my big bag to the big rack on the purple bike. Here’s some of the pictures I took to hopefully describe the process of extending them to fit ~10mm tubing.

I start off with some sand paper wrapped around a tube to open up the top piece. I’m really only trying to remove material from the hooked end. Then I cut out a little spacer.

Then the bottom piece gets a spacer.

Both spacers are glued on and then the final shaping is done with a razor blade and sand paper or a file.

7 Likes

I feel like if you’ve modified more than a couple sets yourself then there are probably other people that need or want these.

Sure velo du reve sells this style but that doesn’t mean another style can’t be made and sold.

Where’s our 3dprinterbros when u need em

the portion that slides and actually holds it on isn’t the most printable thing. at least not if you want it to be strong and reliable

Where’s our contract injectionmold bros when u need em

I’m going to really fuck this thread up over the next few weeks as I figure out how to attach a pair of Ortlieb panniers to the back of a longjohn bucket. I was thinking about it a few months ago, and someone said towel holder rail - might try that first.

Yea, the 4 you see there are all done by these two hands. The saddle piece would be printed to accept the rest of the clip for several different sizes of tube.

Any 3d printer bros wanna work on a project with me?

1 Like

You can find long cabinet pulls that are the right diameter and length to work well with Ortlieb panniers.

1 Like

I can work on it, probably after Christmas though

1 Like

Hit me up when you’ve got time. :+1:t4:

1 Like

The slidey bit could be laser cut alu or something

Would need to be redesigned to do that, both pieces nest into each other. The slidey bit has those little nobs that fit into recesses in the saddle piece. The slidey bit is also flexes so the nob bits can index on the recesses of the saddle part so it holds itself open or closed.

Can this fall under the tarck LLc umbrella

1 Like

So you really just need the saddle part, and it doesn’t have to be terribly strong? Maybe the ends of the hooks need some beefing up?

This is just going from your pics, I don’t own any of these clips nor a 3d printer.