Did you just ShartQ?

It’s gonna be disc. I’ve got an old alloy TCR frame that’s the most amazing rim brake bike ever but I never want to ride it anymore.

3 Likes

I spent a tremendous amount of money getting a steel-framed bike under 20 lbs. Cool, but ultimately not worth it.

1 Like

is shimano 12s mtb the same cable pull as sram? i could have sworn i heard someone here confirm that and i hate sram flatbar shifters

Dq: why do I always lose a Phil wood bb tool and have to buy a new one every time I need to install or adjust?

There is only one. After you use it it goes home.

5 Likes

Have a look in here. Dangler wrangling - #3 by EndpointBraden

So a buddy gifted me some brakes. Turns out they were just the ones I didn’t want. These are the two pad types side by side, FWIW.

I love this bike.

1 Like

This is 25lb as pictured with empty bags

The Onyx+SON hubs, VO brakes, and RatKing rack are each about twice as heavy as they could be if I was shooting for weight. The AR375 rims and fender blades are carbon fiber, but not any lighter than you can get in aluminum, just weirder.

19 Likes

It’s a nice bike. This pic is from a few years ago but nothing has really changed since.

The last and best lugged frame I built for myself before picking up tig.

15 Likes

Ever so briefly, my Poprad was sub 19lb with cheap components, before I added 5 pounds of lights, tires and fenders.

It was rival 10sp with Lance shifter for the front. Low spoke count cheap used wheels, and a nice racey saddle from a used bin. Tires were actually nice 32mm something or other. Carbon whiskey fork.

It rode way better once I messed it up though.

5 Likes

Has anyone played around with 1 piece drivers? I want to change the driver on my dj to an 11t. I’ve seen some, but not sure if they’re universal.

Specifically this one

Bike has a cassette with a 12t already. Sorted

Has anyone used this crap?
Winter has me ready to try anything.

It works some time, for some time.

1 Like

What he said.

That stuff works, sanding down the pads, cleaning the rotor, and bedding the pads in with clean water works just about as good.

I’ve found that with the weird temperatures and humidity out here some brakes just squeal sometimes no matter what.

1 Like

I’ve taken to using the rear brake on my Bullitt in lieu of a bell. It’s extremely effective at getting the attention of drivers.

5 Likes

Anyone have any experience with building a coupled travel bike? Is it worth it vs trying to rent bikes at destinations?

Sup it’s me

if you were commissioning/acquiring another one, what would you change?