Did you just ShartQ?

buy the set, sell the levers? shimano hydro can usually be trimmed without a bleed. alternatively you could make it more of a money pit by buying 105 shakes chain and cassette and get 11s

It’s the levers we need though, we have the calipers. The set is like $85 more per side. Don’t think I can get $160 for a pair of take-off calipers, can I?

I guess the question is, would taking the shop only levers and calipers cost $160 more than taking them two complete sets?

not sure what shops charge for hose fluid and install these days
levers could probably fetch $100 maybe $150 but i’m pretty out of touch with second hand market

You may still be confused. I’m not selling any levers. If we buy the set, I’d be selling calipers.

but if you buy just levers you then have levers you could sell. mechanical tiagra levers

Damn.
Yeah. Sorry. I’m dumb.

That would actually be our second set of mech tiagra levers. I’ve got some from swapping my bike to hydro last year.

Buying the lever/caliper set and selling the two mech levers + extra calipers should be a net gain :atmo: .

1 Like

Yeah, I guess selling the old stuff is the key. I just hate selling things.

Anyone want mech tiagra with cable to hydro brake calipers?

1 Like

This doesn’t really help but I’d sell you some RS505 levers for really cheap. They’ve been in my parts bin forever. 11 speed tho.

1 Like

would help with an 11s chain and cassette tho

huh

I just bought some of those from someone else here recently

do these come with non-annoying calipers?

1 Like

No, I just replaced one of the calipers because it was leaking.

Ah

I like 11sp road with wet brakes, but it was the era when they almost knew what they were doing

Hah… two leaking R7070 calipers in the shop today. It’s almost as if the choice of ceramic for a piston was less than ideal.

I like all my crucial bike components to be made of fine china.

3 Likes

Ok so if I want to have about 1 liter of storage on a fork leg, the best option is to use an Anything Cage, a little drybag, and a retaining strap, right?

I’m looking at the options here, and there are a lot of good big bags for circumnavigating the globe, and a lot of weird cruddy looking bags that suck.

Am I missing something?

This is not a question, it’s a statement, maybe discussion question to follow.

It is very strange to see bikes in stock. Additionally, sales sales sales. What do you all (or have a good read on the situation) will continue to happen in the next few months?

The supply glut is not expected to normalize until 2024 at least.

1 Like

My fave is salsa dry bags with Blackburn cargo cages.

And if you’re missing anything, you’ll find it here:

1 Like

Has anyone used this style of dropper lever?
I wonder if it would annoy me more or less than the wolf toot I’ve got.