Did you just ShartQ?

Code RSC rear caliper came with hose attached and this at the lever end. It is full of fluid. So I just unthread this and thread on one of the red stealthamajigs?

Is an aluminum long/medium reach rim brake frame with a steel fork too esoteric and stupid a thing for me to desire or is it just the right kind of esoteric and stupid and I should have it made?

1 Like

probably

1 Like

what would you do with it, and could those goals be accomplished by sticking a custom steel fork on a repainted CAAD10

It’d be used as a normal pavement bike, but one that I could stuff a 35 into. CAAD10 won’t take that big a tire. Custom is more fun than off-the-shelf.

Mostly its a thought experiment that’s been kicking around the old noggin for a bit and I think it’d be fun.

2 Likes

I’m custom-only by necessity, but yeah agreed that it’s more fun to give input in how a frame comes together.

If this is an aesthetic project, then totally go for it, I’d love to see a weird mashup of a 1998 workhorse team bike and a modern allroad bike.

In terms of performance the boring reality is that something something hydro something something chainstays worked for tire clearance.

1 Like

I for one vehemently disagree with the purchase of this bike before the purchase of a true off-pavement machine.

I do have an electro-hydro-disco-rando-ish thing coming, so maybe that’ll quench the thirst for a while…

1 Like

when I’m planning one bike, I get all worked up and start planning three more. Then the sundry asspains of actually getting a frame into a tuned bike hit and I shelve everything for a year or two.

Thus, my custom Ti cycletruck and my Super Extreme road bike are waiting until 2024 at least.

3 Likes

One piece of information which may be helpful here which I have not been able to share in other quarters as I would be the lone dissenter is that @Perlhammered is part of a small group of sick individuals who look for any excuse to order yet another Rock Lobster, differing only minutely from their last Rock Lobster.

8 Likes

I would like to have another made before he closes up shop, this is true. However, this one would be different from my other!

2 Likes

minutely

1 Like

You should do it because you want to do it

1 Like

Is the small group tarck?

NO

It’s an even smaller group, with much worse mental illness

2 Likes

Anyway, I know I derailed @Crustradamus legitimate question about a thing that actually exists in hand with my question about a hypothetical thing that only exists in my brain.

No it’s fine I’m just being annoying :slight_smile:

poppi was on this at farmers daughter