Did you just ShartQ?

Request samples?

Those work fine, too, but they’re fussier to install (I use them them with two-part rivets and a reinforcing patch of either leather or heavy duty cordura, but I’ve seen pictures of them sewn into place) than the slotted ones.

1 Like

a bunch Origin8 stems are rebadged Kalloy
totally fine for 5’ derps

Who makes those clips to hold down rando bags? acorn velcro gives me none of it.

How hard is it to remove the logo? I h8 it

unless they really went all out on fixing their logo in place, I’ve had a lot of luck with rubbing alcohol and the scrapey side of a kitchen sponge.

I used a tiny bit of goof-off & paper towel to remove the logo on my older Ritchey stem, came out great.
Then I tried to remove the Ritchey logo on a slightly newer stem attached to a different bike and it didn’t work at all. I think there was some sort of clear coat over the logo on the newer stem.

I ended up getting a Salsa Guide Stem in an 80mm. Hope I didn’t make a 10mm mistake.

Product is called Bag EB Grand Bois jpn makes em. Consider the following: Grand Bois bag clips done my way. | For a long time, I have … | Flickr

2 Likes

I dont know if there’s a ‘random thoughts thread’ but I’m sort of regretting my noodle bike brake choices. It rides great but I for the life of me cannot find a brake combo that works well. Cantis kinda suck. I should have just done braze on center pulls or gone dick brakes eh?

Cantis absolutely suck. Have you tried v brakes?

can you make mini vees work with your tyre/fender/boss placement? (assuming full size vees will lead to travel agent fuckery for drop bar shakes)

Get some vintage shimano medium profile smooth post cantis and a canti whisperer to set them up?

Not on this bike. If I go with V brakes then i have to figure out drop bar lever situation

Can you link me to what a ‘vintage medium profile post cantis’ and a ‘canti whisperer’ is ?

I have BR-R550 now and maybe it’s just the pads? I dont know but they feel kinda spongy too.

I’m thinking of trying the cheap Shimano CT-91 (altus)

I googled those terms and see that the brakes you seem to refer to are the Altus copies now. I’m sure the Altus are worse but how much worse?

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx?ID=86744697-791f-4cdc-a8fc-52bd9b847b8f&Enum=117
http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx?ID=6333bfa5-df46-4ed7-94fa-e71e30d94855&Enum=117

altus are low profile.

BR-MT60 (or the XT version) are medium-wide profile. And just about the best canti ever made. Have to ebay them or rat around co-ops. Be sure they’re complete as there are enough small parts that can easily get lost.

Other than the pads, these brakes are effectively as good as any other cantilever brake, maybe even better. I just wish they had dual sided adjustment screws.

1 Like

I’ve got some Methyl Ethyl Ketone in my garage that should take that off if you need to borrow some.