Did you just ShartQ?

i’m starting to think the australian contingent isn’t really real

3 Likes

What’s a decent sneaker or skate shoe that are nice for wet weather clip n strap riding? Don’t tell me to get bike shoes coz nah. Also not sambas

i haven’t done clip and strap in a long time but i love approach shoes for flat pedal riding. i kind of view clip and strap as an unnecessary half step between platforms and clickety clackety shoes

1 Like

And then eventually going back to platform

1 Like

In vein of approach shoes, I really like the Evolv Cruzer for grippy flat pedals. They have a nice rubber toe strip, slim and are pretty light. The canvas will probably get wet quickly tho.

Not Five Ten. Got it.

Check out the new Etnies Crank shoes. One of the models has a PU coating that should cut the spray better than a canvas upper.

nope

I’d say bmx flats n straps at some point. I’m back in the fixie life and doing food delivery. Someone did point out converse makes realtree goretex chucks

2 Likes

Somebody told me it was fine to mix and match ultegra crank arms with stages power meters, i.e. a 105 left arm with power meter and an ultegra or dura-ace right arm. Is this true? Total baloney? Works but at the lost of some accuracy?

If you were using double sided meters, maybe a small amount of inaccuracy. But if you’re only measuring strain on the NDS arm it shouldn’t make a difference. Currently running a Specialized/4iiii 105 left arm on a DA7900 crank, no complaints yet.

1 Like

All Shimano hollow tech ii road lefts are functionally interchangeable if you match the length. Also no possible way it could affect accuracy, it doesn’t know or car what it’s bolted to. Left power meters are just your left leg x2. They aren’t guessing what drive side does.

6 Likes

Does a scale measure differently if it’s on a concrete or wooden floor?

2 Likes

I’ve also paired mismatched MTB Hollowtech II cranks. I just had to shim the BB to get the Q right.

1 Like

It very well may.

Ahh. Duh. Thanks. Guess that’s why this is the shartQ thread.

We all get a turn

even if it measures different Absolutely, it would still be a relevant tool Relatively

1 Like

Yeah, xtr used to be a different thickness than xt and below. Now xt and slx are using that thinner standard and new xtr has no pinch bolts. I only said within road cranks because you probably don’t want to mix and match road and mtb cranks. Offset not gonna mix so well. Unless you’re using Cannondale cranks, if so, those are the same too!

Yeah I was gonna say how cold is the concrete? If they both sat there for a while they’d be the same. It’d be less than you could likely see without putting them next to each other. Would be about the same as measuring something with a scale that was in your pants pocket and one that wasn’t. You’re not going to be able to tell. They might be different but You’re eye still wouldn’t likely be good enough to see the difference. Ever actually need to read the .01” divisions on a machinist square without a magnifier? .02” is easy and I used to to it all the time because lots of tolerances were +/-.03” so if you use a scale with .02 divisions as long it’s within one division either way you can easily tell if it’s good.

1 Like

i know they make giant granite tables for analytical balances to damp vibration. not sure if that’s what you’re looking for but there’s that. i guess as long as the wood isn’t actively failing (as in you falling through it after stepping on the scale) it’ll still push back on you just as hard as the concrete right? then it’s a matter of which is more even? i’m just spouting conjecture here- i’m no metrologist

1 Like