Did you just ShartQ?

Rhynolite is the smart choice, but this is tarck.

https://www.lightbicycle.com/carbon-BMX-bike/carbon-rims/20inch

2 Likes

rhynolite matches the rear rim. the only question is good spokes or fun color spokes now

Recumbent website would have the largest selection

bmx shops too, with more camo tie dye limited edition rims that are never in stock!

Yeah but

6 Likes

I am a lezyne hater but mine still works for all the basics including recording rides, power and hrm integration, and holds a charge. As long as you don’t really want navigation to necessarily work they’re fine imo

Looking for this gadget I saw years ago:
Clips onto the downtube and serves as a front tire parking stop. It’s black plastic with a metal wire tire stopper

My brother had one of these on his Skykomish MTB back in the 90s: Rhode Gear Flickstand

2 Likes

How desperate are you as I think I have one in the shed.

1 Like

Sup

1 Like

yeah my boomer aged dad is still endearingly pissed that his fat downtube carbon cannondale won’t fit a flickstand. all the old nishiki 10 speeds in my house growing up had them.

Looks like they’re all over eBay with a search for “Flickstand”, NOS is really expensive!

I bet you could rig one up with a rear blinky light bracket and the bracket from a dyno light mount.

Lastly, how in the heck is this not something that VO or Riv sells? Boomer nostalgia component feels like money in the bank…

1 Like

I had one on a heavily used Raleigh Olympian, I believe it was original equipment. You know what, it was extremely useful and sensible. Definitely deserves a comeback.

Actually now that I think about it I wish I would have had a flick stand braze on on my English

2 Likes

I bet someone (@drwelby ?) could 3d print a batch of plastic DT clamps, and we could all figure out what gauge wire / rod works best.

My only concern would be that some modern DTs are really seriously not made for anything to be clamped on them

This is going on my 1988 paramount

1 Like

OK, let stalk chain line and modern road cranks and track bikes.

Can I throw a 144bcd spider on my gxp rival cranks and run a track ring in the right spot? Or direct mount track ring? Or new crankset?

Are you running fixed or free? The Rival has a 45.5-47.5 mm chainline, whereas an Omnium is 44.5 mm. At any rate, you can probably shim your cog to make up the difference.

I would roll on a 3/32" chain, personally. Something like an 8-speed should be fine.

Fixed and I’ve already set my heart on running an 1/8" drivetrain.

Sounds like I’d be ok so long as I can either move the cog out 1mm or the chain ring in 1mm on a road spider?

OK, edit, Sheldon has answers as well but now I’m a bit confused. Looks like I’ll need to move the chain ring out 1mm.

I think the only reasonable solution is to fuck around and find out.

2 Likes

Nah, fuck it, cheap ebay track crank to the rescue.

These look fun, but they claim a 44mm chainline. I guess that’s a bb swap away from 42 or whatever it should be?

That dimension on the Sheldon chart is to the centre of the two rings.

I usually restrict this type of dithering to square taper cranks cause easy to adjust chainline with different BBs as you say.

I like using old 144bcd road double cranks as track cranks on a road going bike. Suntour Cyclone are good ones and there’s a Sugino branded version too that’s identical.

edit: Sugino Alp is the one.