Did you just ShartQ?

I’m breaking the square taper ban in the bike dungeon and ordered the cheap ebay track cranks i posted above so I can more easily dither.

Unrelated what’s a good color to paint a fendered, dynoed, basketed hybrid?

2 Likes

Something bright. Yellow? Orange? Pink?

2 Likes

matte black with pink van halen stripes

Will a SRAM 12s road crankset work with an existing shimano 11s road chain/drivetrain?

The chain uses oversized rollers so a regular chain might be fucky. I’ve heard “no”, but no actual confirmation. There are regular 110 bcd spiders and direct mount rings that will mount to 12s arms though.

1 Like

We’ve settled on “lake Michigan aqua”

Maybe with a silver base, maybe with some sparkle on top.

2 Likes

thanks, mostly was curious if the Rival 12s crankset would be a cheap-ish way to get a powermeter on an existing bike. If swapping spiders/rings around it’s probably easier to just buy the quarq.

I have been fecking about downloading sram manuals, and watching youtubes since forever, to build up confidence to see why the lockout on the Recon I brought from some prick wasnt working. I pulled the lowers off with the initial idea of just having a look. I got a service kit so figured I had everything covered anyway.

Anyway, there were bits of plastic in the oil and when I peered into the damper side lower I could see these two displaced discs. NONE of the tutorials I did mentioned these. Does anyone know what order they go in? I see there is a replacement one in my kit, of the one that has obviously crapped itself. Does it clip onto the recessed white plastic bit on the damper side?

Anyway, while I was in there I pulled out the motion control unit, and fecking accidentally pulled it apart while trying to re-extract it because it wouldn’t go all the way in because I hadn’t opened the lock-out port on it! I managed to extract the bottom half somehow and just clip it back together. Phew. Reassembled and put in the appropriate amount of oil and the lockout seems to be working like a bought one! Anyway, sorry for the ramble.

Where does that crappy plastic circlip live? The other disc looks like it’s some kind of a bumper?

Edit. Found it in a manual.

What chain tool is that or who makes a chain tool with a carrier for two hex wrenches

dang that kit really is most of what you need. at a certain point i wonder does it make sense to involve only torx plus and a phillips#2 in the kit and embrace t25 being enough to work a few times in 4mm hex tooling. i guess it comes down to torque needed but if it’s truly an emergency kit…

to answer your question though you might need to dissect a more full featured multi tool but there’s for sure a lot that takes a hex key to drive the drift

2 Likes

I love that fun cnc’d ring.

2 Likes

Found it…Seems to be prison island exclusive.

https://www.ramcycleparts.com.au/chain-breaker-tool-mini-with-hex-keys-coloury-a-oc

I only have 4 and 5 mm hex bolts on my Marino and carrying a whole multi tool is just sOo cUmBeRsOmE.

3 Likes

It says the hex keys don’t lock into the hex tool and can easily slide out. So in my mind seems like you could do any mini chain tool+ hex keys + O-ring, rubber bands, or maybe a 3d printed doodad to hold it all together.

1 Like

People use lockout these days? Why?

2 Likes

This is so close, but it’s a 5mm/6mm allen.

Pedro’s has something similar.

Aaaand down the rabbit hole I go… Holy shit I WANT this. 70g!

1 Like

Really need some videos of people using these gadget chain tools

I’ve got that Park Tool mini chain breaker for my tool box and even that thing ain’t easy to use

Holy shit that daysaver thing looks awesome. I have the Pedro’s one…a regular hex wrench doesn’t fit in it very well and the one it comes with is a 5mm and flathead. Suppose I could just rubber band a 4mm to it until someone 3d prints one.

1 Like

I have the day saver , it is very nicely made.

2 Likes

Took the rubber part off the Pedro’s and it fit on a one from an exploded multi tool. I bet it would fit on the one on the top picture.

SUP. RARE FL.ST

One NOS flickstand. (I did not score it for $3!)

Postage is probably horrifically expensive to USA currently.

Edit:
Economy air is USD$12. No tracking, >20 bus days.
Standard air is USD$15, tracking, 12 bus days

Edit#2 what!

@LASER_BEIGE this one plus post might be cheaper than my post alone
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/115110481763

2 Likes