Did you just ShartQ?

105 is the bread and butter group.

I ride mine on some jank, but I also have a MTB chainstay protector. If I really need to dampen the slap, I shift into the big ring.

Ultegra RX rear der der

2 Likes

What’s the modern appropriate replacement for old Shimano cantilever brake pads? Like these pads:

Nothing clearly compatible came up with a quick google

No 8 in here might work. I searched on u-brake shoes. U-Brake Bicycle Brake Shoes and Pads - Modern Bike

1 Like

I’ll bet something like a Koolstop Supra2 or City would fit

1 Like

https://www.planetbmx.com/shop/bike-components-parts/brake-pads/kool-stop-vans-brake-shoes-in-colors.html

2 Likes

Rearrange the washers on a modern cartridge style v brake pad?

Replace with Tektros?

1 Like

My buddy is building up his new Ti Gryphon. His shifters are GRX. His crank 2x XTR. He couldn’t get GRX cranks. Which is he going to have more luck with, an XTR derailleur on the front or a GRX? I guess the GRX is built for a much bigger big ring.

1 Like

The GRX will likely slam into the chainstay before it can get low enough.

If there’s a way to rig up a side swing Shimano MTB pusher that is 100% what you want.

2 Likes

Thanks, he has a side-swing on his steel Gryphon. I’ve passed that on. Pretty sure he will convert that bike to SS anyway.

1 Like

Are all 160mm rotors compatible with all 160mm calipers?

If this is too complicated, how about MT800 rotors with BB5 and GRX calipers?

2 Likes

I’ve been told that some enduro/dh type big rotors might be thicker enough than other rotors that they might not play well, but who knows.

Some CL won’t work with bb7s

2 Likes

Thanks y’all.
Gonna give it a shot.
New wheels arr CL so if that doesn’t work for my BB5 than it’ll be time for new breakers.

is this some kind of Horseshoe Theory of bikes?

the same person is keeping both MTB Front Derailleurs and Singlespeed MTB alive?

6 Likes

Ha ha. Could be.

Imgur

The little tab on the BB7 inboard pad, which hangs out toward the hub is sometimes too long and will hit the aluminum carrier of some centerlock rotors.

In that pic above I have trimmed the tab shorter. If you do this and have spare parts on hand go ahead and pre-trim your spare too.

2 Likes

They can also be issues with the tab fouling with the brake adapter too. Some adaptors come with a built in recess, some have felt the wrath of my file.

1 Like