yep both exact actuation
Whatâs that kinda bike called that has the hammock between the headtube and seattube?
Pedersen
?
:smilegront:
at first I thought it was a joke but then I learned the legend of Mikael Pedersen of Dursley
for when youâre not sure if you want a bike or an AP Physics diagram
Think you mean this, right?
Sorry, fighting this thing is a PITA and I didnât get back around to it until now.
Yeah, I think your way just gets there a little faster. The manual starts with the L screw in, so that the cage outer aligns to the outer ring, which just results in less use of the tension screw later.
Following all your steps until:
When I drop into the small ring, the chain rubs the inside of the cage with the L completely unengaged. Letting the H screw out here does what youâd expect the L to.
Iâm pretty sure itâs the clamp setting the derailer too far outboard. You can see the L gap here, with chain contact on the plate:
Thatâs super weird. I use the problem solvers mounts almost exclusively with no issue. I see itâs the GRX crank too. BSA bottom bracket?
Derailleur is angled to be parallel with the rings? Not tail out at all?
What size seattube? No shims in the derailleur clamp?
May not matter but I like to make sure the derailleur is fully tightened into the braze on adapter without trying to force the angle at all. Basically let it settle in where it wants to so the concave and convex surfaces between the two nest together nicely. Then fool around with angle by rotating the clamp on the frame itself.
I also leave messing with the support screw until the very very end once everything else is dialed.
Yeah, BSA, no shims 28.6, parallel cage.
Iâll try starting from scratch with it later this week. Thanks for working on it with me! Mostly just needed the sanity check.
This video legit saved me from losing my mind while setting up my r7000 FD a few weeks back. I wasnât having any luck with the dealer install guide etc but got it working perfectly after copying his setup process. The GRX design looks similar enough that it might be relevant/helpful?
11s Shimano road 2x, want clutch dangler w/ road cassette, what do?
Grx
@LASER_BEIGE is probably right, but the RX8000 guy Iâve been using (clutch disengaged because pavement only) has been fine. Apparently this is the model that snaps in half randomly though, so who knows. I guess they designed it to match the cranks?
Ultegra RD-RX800, the predecessor to GRX and pretty cheap.
I have the Di2 version with a Wolf Tooth. Also have the successor to that, the GRX RD-RX810 rear mech with the Wolf Tooth that shifts a 40t cassette really well.
I should probably replace my R7000 with a clutch dangler. My chain slap isnât that bad, but the kickback would be mitigated.
Iâm buying a new one of these for a 98% road bike. The worst roads will be like chipseal. I think Iâll be ok but should I have done better?
i like my R7000 a lot


