Did you just ShartQ?

Try those little brake grease packs that they sell at the auto parts store for the back of car brake pads? Or get them Hayes CX jawns.

If I wanted a 26" rim brake tubeless 36h rim, I should just go fuck myself, right?

4 Likes

At one time, I had a Rhyno Lite running tubeless, initially with the rubber Stan’s conversion strips and then later without. This was before I knew that I wasn’t supposed to do that.

So maybe you could do that?

Uh…

I might have one. Well, Rhyno lite…. Can be tubeless if you’re determined enough.

XT hub. Is/was nice.

2 Likes

Velocity Cliffhanger comes is 36/MSW and it’s tubeless.

2 Likes

I thought V-O was getting resupplied with Voyageur rims at some point?

Is this site legit? Says they have 36h/rim/tubeless/26" Alex Adventurer2 in stock.

https://www.performancebike.com/alexrims-adventure-2-rim-black-silver-36h-presta-26-559-iso-26-black-rim-36h/p1355968?v=582635

1 Like

Already on a Rhino Lite, but thank you very much!

1 Like

36H Adventure 2 also in stock at Universal

3 Likes

Anyone have any tech drawings of forks they can share? This is from Riv, I’d love to see something for a disc fork but honestly can’t imagine anyone else actually publishing anything openly.

1 Like

Anyone got any tips for getting SRAM hydro levers to engage a little sooner? Mine get way closer to the bar than I’d like and there doesn’t seem to be any simple way to adjust them.

1 Like

Sorry, no disc forks

1 Like

Thanks, those are great. I’m coming to the conclusion that steel forks are more “what you see is what you get” wrt to ride quality than a lot of people want to admit.

For discs; I found a weird 1" Surly knockoff on Aliexpress that is interesting.

1 Like

Get mechanical :joy:

If you rebuild the master, that’s the best you’ll get.

4 Likes

Fresh pads?

Sram road hydros seem to develop more lever throw once the pads are about 1/3 worn.

2 Likes

Anyone have experience with one of the spring assist steering things?

Not sure what you’re looking for, but the Spork has a tech drawing on their site.

2 Likes

A GIS for “adventure fork tech drawing” brought up that Spork, Enve, and some others.

1 Like

Time flows in both directions

I look at this almost every week with a flashlight, it’s been cracked for a while but I couldn’t see it. No noise, bike has felt extra supple for a couple weeks but I thought it was just acclimation since it’s extra stiff and I rarely ride it more than twice in a row. Second FSA crank I’ve broken, first was on a cross bike with about 5,000 miles. This is my road bike and has right under 21,000.

12 Likes

#thanksfullshitahead

6 Likes