Did you just ShartQ?

Can I run the Deore 11-51 11s cassette with an 11s xt shifter and 12speed xt derder? Trying to multitrack the acquisition of 12s for the new bike that’s not here yet and improve the range on the current bike.

@EndpointBraden you’ve tested a bunch of this stuff yea?

3 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Call up Tien Hsin industries in Taichung City. Ask for Doug. Tell Doug your FSA cranks broke and that a team of mysterious internet bike experts told you to call him. Maybe get a new crankset?

10 Likes

is road boost front hub a thing? looking for basically anything in 12x110mm

1 Like

What are you looking for?

i dunno, new ebike has that for front hub (pending verification) and i want to buy/build new/better wheels eventually

also i’m highly likely to just replace the whole front end with an endpoint fork and new wheel anyways

2 Likes

Can you put a standard fork into a headtube designed for their “future shock” thing?

definitely also still pending verification.
from what I can tell the Vado SL doesn’t have the sproingy steerer? the 5.0 SL has a “carbon rigid fork,” it could even be tapered? who knows.

P sure it’s gonna have future shock.

i honestly did not expect an answer in the manual.

3 Likes

not the best photo comparison cuz mobile but one of these has futuresproing, the other doesn’t. you can tell by the boot and the 2 piece dust cap.

i haven’t touched anything futuresproing but that pic leads me to believe that you can put a reg fork in but you’d need to track down a correct dust cap

ymmv

well shit

4 Likes

I just put on this exact setup with a SRAM chain and it shifts great

1 Like

For the square taper aficionados among us, what’s the next best value in BBs now that the new Shimanos aren’t as good as they used to be?

I mean i still ride only fixed so dunno

6 Likes

anyone try gp4 season 700x32c?

lbs has them for 40% off

would go on cx bike for light touring/commuting

1 Like

Buy

1 Like

Hello, I’m trying to replace a (perfectly good) hydraulic hose with a new (colorful) one. Internet is telling me that I can reuse the banjo, but my new hose has a quick attach at the end and the banjo doesn’t look like I can detach it from the hose without destroying it.

This is the quick attach end on the hose:

Anyone got a link to which banjo to buy to connect to the jagwire hose?