Did you just ShartQ?

is anyone else following the mo wilson story developments?

just wow

i believe the bike blerg thread has been dedicated to this

Anybody have a link to a dangler hangler replacement for volagi Liscio 2?

You might check with Ruckus. Finding hangers for carbon frames is something they deal with a bit.

1 Like

can someone tell me exactly the right size heat shrink to order for (cable) brake housing + di2 wire tidiness?

2 Likes

3/8”id 2:1 does it well. there is a roll i’ll be sending around at some point when i stop being a lazy bones. if you aren’t in a rush you could get in on that

1 Like

ok hear me out - any frames (to build up) out there (or bikes) that would be a good purchase for sub $3000 and be 20lbs or less for gravgrav?

dick brakes and 48mm+ tire clearance (700c)

I’m in a rush!!! Thank you, however

$3000 complete? Ground up? Mechanical ok?

$3000 complete would be awesome, mechanical is totally fine.

Stock wheels are probably dogs and weight a bunch

Swap out crankset for ~150g

Seatpost, Saddle, handlebars could shave a few grams

that’s quite nice except for the tire clearance. looking for a gravel bike w some bigger cush

Carbonda 696 is ~$600ish shipped on the slow boat.

1 Like

why are gravel bikes so expensive? tire clearances?

for example, an non race cx bike like cannondale caadx with 10s hydro grx is $1875

2 Likes

I mean $1875 compared to what? There are aluminum gravel bikes that are cheap too

I might only slightly agree that gravel bikes tend to go threaded axle a little sooner and their warts and marketing has a cost but otherwise yeah there’s comparable options at every price point.

basically yeah, a gravel bike is the bike style that has the features that are getting all the marketing hype these days.

Tire clearance and bento box bolts are definitely useful, and there’s a lot of effort made to tell us all about it from the big bike companies. That comes with a price tag.

I honestly don’t know where this category goes - you can see the split between “basically a chunky road bike” and “drop bar mtb” happening, but each time they start to really pull apart five new bikes show up to split the difference. It’s interesting to watch.

1 Like

Slightly over budget

1 Like

Bestie just bought that exactly. It’s his first curly bar bike so nothing to compare it to but he’s in love.