Did you just ShartQ?

Sounds like the cheapo cassette just wore out really fast.

I have seen some cheap chains wear out in well under 1000k miles too though. I’m looking at you PC1110 and NXeagle…

1 Like

1000 miles, yes? If you had a chain that lasted 1,000,000 miles (a) just how much riding do you do, (b) are you actually immortal, and (c) who made that chain and how much did it cost?

7 Likes

we live in a world where people are knocking off sunrace cassettes?

what the fuck, man

6 Likes

I got one of these in an 11-40 and it seems alright. Not real light. Probably hasn’t had that much use if I’m honest. Edit: 504 grams.

LOL… yes 1000 miles.

2 Likes

I ordered a sunrace and got one branded with one of those incomrehensible aliexpress names.

sqherrtz
alqyip
sqyrtszki
scrablqui
plonzktyk
draskiewicz
awreeqhwhwz

3 Likes

I have purchased both Sunshine and Bolany cassettes from China/eBay. I haven’t died yet! Wear seems comparable with Shimano cassettes (so far).

do we have a vintage thread, especially vintage mtb thread?

1 Like

We should have a thread where we help each other keep track of the threads

5 Likes

but give it a cool name

1 Like

“thread thread”

3 Likes

Some one suggested to me the other day that there were lower external headset cups that allowed you to run a tapered steerered fork in a frame built for a straight steerer. Can anyone confirm to me that this is a real thing, as I had never heard of it.

Pants chat

4 Likes

don’t think you’ll get a 1.5" to 1.125" (1 1/8") tapered steerer into a 1.125" straight head tube hole

but there’s like a headset that let’s a 1.5" to 1.125" steerer fit into a 1.73" (44mm) “straight” head tube hole

1 Like

Going by what this person said, it sounded like it was very external and added a fair bit of height. I admit I don’t know what format it was from/to.

sounds terrible

hope someone here can dig it up

3 Likes

quantum headset

1 Like

i have like a 10 year swath where i didn’t pay attention to bikes at all. 2012-22

looking into a gravel bike on the bikepacking side of things. so along the lines of touring bike for rough roads but not mtb.

where do i start and what do i look at?

1 Like

What happened to your lugged carbon trek single speed