Did you just ShartQ?

Complete or frame only?

1 Like

it cracked at the seatstay after many years and i threw it away before leaving boston

rip, loved that bike

complete, not custom or long lead times

Budget?

like $2-3k?

the current $1875 caadx with grx 10s x hydros looks like a phenomenal value if there was something like that on the bikepacky side. love my current caadx for commuting/dirt road rides but the cantis are def holding me back.

For an all purpose road/dirt carbon disc wheelset, is 24/28 spokes reasonable? could I get away with 24/24? Am 150ish freedom pounds these days.

Gonna do one of the Light Bicycle rim-ways for the build, dynamo front, DT rear

1 Like

LB sells 24/24 wheel sets with 300lbs rider weight limits for gravel/cx use…

1 Like

Good data point. I feel like normally for a carbon wheel, one could/should go for lower spoke counts, but disc dynamos don’t come in less than 24h varietals and I definitely don’t want more spokes in the front than rear, because…aesthetics

2 Likes

That should be fine. I’m 210lbs and ride LB 55mm rims 28 2x f/r.

They’re as good as the day I built them (or rather the day after I rebuilt them because I fucking goofed the red calc the first time around)

2 Likes

24h 2x front and rear is the default for modern carbon road disc wheels

a lot of good rims don’t even come in other drillings

5 Likes

Nicasio2 with some 650b wheels checks some boxes without going full dirt touring bike.

Honestly, Gorilla Monsoon ain’t terrible.

You can build a banger of a Soma Wolverine for 3k.

Rodeo Flaanimal is a bit more.

And of course you could always build a Hunter Gatherer for around that.

6 Likes

@quilbert420 Buy my Jeff Jones so I can buy another mtb with squish?

4 Likes

I want to get a Starling Beady Little Eye, but they’re $$$ and require a special crank for the setup. (Middleburn made them a special one, maybe it’s just a special axle, or a Profile w custom spacers)

I have: a sweet old Silca pista pump
I want: a fancy colored/woven hose

What do I look for?

Edit:pump is orange, has beausage and a Columbus sticker

1 Like

anyone seen these in person yet? lots of sizes in stock now

check out the WW thread on them for various opinions and builds: THE ALLEZ SPRINT MEGA THREAD (Originally 201X Allez Sprint) - Page 119 - Weight Weenies

it’s not particularly light, you’ll need to get extra parts if you want the cables to look as clean as a tarmac

1 Like

I’m trying to 11-42 with a tail hook lengthener on my Bridgestone. Even with a longer b screw the cage on my dangler is hitting the big cog — am I doing this wrong?

Tempted to just dremel off part of the cage

longer chain?

I measured it the typical way — two links longer than the wrap around ring and big cog

Otherwise it shifts through everything just fine!

Looks like whoever last poked at that rear derailleur put the inner cage on upside-down. That tab on the black part should be at the bottom of the dangler cage, not the top.

16 Likes