Did you just ShartQ?

Seriously? The fucking thing is brand new!

Check the cable tension. My eTen was pretty finicky about that.

You might also try a drop of lube between the cable arm and the piston button.

1 Like

Good tip. Too much cable tension and the post can act leaky.

2 Likes

If it’s not coming all the way up it’s either bunk cartridge or not enough cable tension.

1 Like

i had an issue with the only real dropper i’ve ever owned where if the seat collar is too tight it acts funny so check that too?

1 Like

I’ve messed with cable tension a bunch but couldn’t make it work that way. The action on the lever (wolf tooth) is real real light. On my other dropper(an internal Oneup) it takes some oomph to push the lever(also WT) but this one barely takes any force at all. The little lever on the post where the cable attaches doesn’t take anything to actuate manually.

Ooh! Gonna check this! I do tend to ham fist things.

Edit: holy shit! It was the seat collar! Thanks!

7 Likes

this is a great case for dual bolt seat collar. more grabby with less squeezy

We’re dealing with an integrated clamp on an extended seat tube. I suppose I could chop off the clampy bit and get a two bolt collar. Might end up doing that if I can’t clamp it tight enough to hold but loose enough to let the dropper work.

wow i can’t believe I assisted with a shartq

10 Likes

IIRC there are collars you can put on the post above the bike’s actual seat collar. They rest against the seat collar and stop the chairpole from sliding down. I’d try to look for something like that before performing surgery on the frame.

Throw carbon paste in there too before chopping.

Yeah, carbon paste will be step one if it doesn’t hold while I ride it today.

1 Like

I’m gonna try and set up the front wheel for clyde fork tubeless – 20" rhynolite + tioga powerblock. I’d like some foam action too for when i inevitable overload the fork. Anyone used or have opinions on the vittoria air liner gravel vs MTB and then both of those vs huck norris?

Update: it seems to have held just fine today and the 100mm dropper is just right for stopping at lights and putting my feet down. I love it. Thanks everyone.

5 Likes

also great for railing the fuck out of corners.

125 gives me about as much of it as can be had on my clydesdale

Speaking of droppers, anyone use a good lever-actuated one? I had a TranzX (or some other version of the same thing) and it worked well-enough, was nice and simple but not as convenient as a dropper w/ a remote lever, albeit a lot easier to install and remove on bikes that aren’t trail only

1 Like

If the KS one that I almost bought is like the external remote one that I ended up buying and have two whole days of commuting on, it’s fine.

look everyone shut up about dropper posts for a minute because I have an important question that’s more of a demand that other people support my terrible idea:

I should take my old alloy track frame (Spicer! custom! old enough to vote!) and turn it into a fixed gear road bike, right?

4 Likes

Yeah

4 Likes