Did you just ShartQ?

Don’t do it with a mason jar or you’ll end up covered in mineral spirits and broken glasss.

4 Likes

I’ve cleaned two chains with them so far, the spirits are in a recycled glass jar :grimacing:

EDIT: I’ll find some HDPE containers instead, looks like that should be ok and not get dissolved by the spirits.

1 Like

Yeah probably fine if you don’t shake too hard. Maybe I just got unlucky…

Might un-eTap my Roadie…

Converting to cable shifting: It requires two touch-ups plus the braze-ons, assume a stock finish (or a wide selection of our one step colors). Figure $125 for the frame mods themselves but $400 for the two touch-ups. Under the bottom bracket, we would drill the second hole (for drainage), tap and add a plastic cable guide. We offer three options for the shifter bosses:

• Classic down tube shift studs (you’ll need to get an adapter for this)
  • Double cable stop at 6:00 on the down tube 80-100mm from the head tube
  • Cable stops at 4:00 and 8:00 on the down tube 80-100mm from the head tube

What shifter boss option would you all choose and why?

1 Like

option 1 or 3

1 lets you get nice big cable adjusters
3. does the same
2. is just awkward. My Broakland has the 6 o’clock stops and it’s a pain to not have adjustment at the dt.

The real question is do I want to do it, and I kind of do. electronic stuff works super well and I dont know if I care about it. shouldn’t have got etap only. I can’t dither like this!

Seriously. hold drill at a slight angle.

Do u have cable brakes or wet brakes? If cable get at me about selling me shifters

I thought I was imagining this at first, but now I’m certain. The bear in my tarck home screen icon has been gradually shrinking. It’s not a real problem, but wtf.

Screenshot_20220919-214420

7 Likes

Did I read here that the 4-piston TRP brakes use the same brake pads as Saints?

I’m trying to find new pads for my Slate T4s, but I’m striking out with TRP, Jagwire, Galfer, and SwissStop for sintered pads. It looks like I can get Saint/Zee KoolStop, though.

The EBC application guide lists Slate T4 under Saints…here’s some of their sintered at Performance:
https://www.performancebike.com/ebc-brakes-gold-disc-brake-pads-sintered-shimano-deore-xt-saint-cfa493hh/p1373683

1 Like

sad trombone. [edit] They do have the Jagwire pads in stock, though. Thanks for the tip.

lmao I thought I was going crazy for a while too, but it appears to be accelerating

9 Likes

this is hilarious

OMG, will it turn upside down next.

@Kryptotal_Bogan are you fucking with us

Wasn’t me lol

ok looks like we need maskable icons for our PWA

this site does it

but our current icons aren’t within the ‘safe maskable area’ and tarckbear loses a hind leg and snoot

anyone good at gfx design?

1 Like

JBI has Origin8 ones that fit. Or they did last week when we ordered some.

Edit: yep in stock. 120703

1 Like

On the scale from very dumb to not dumb, where would buying this old White Ind freehub fall?

It seems pretty fucking cool if you have a use for it.