Did you just ShartQ?

This is what I’ve done with my wolverine for years!

Fog Cutter has a 73°HTA from 54cm onwards but vertical dropouts and :moneybag: unless there’s a second hand one somewhere

it can’t be that bad tho.

The sizing seems kinda JA (reeeeaaaacccchhhh) and those brakes are prob garbage but $900 for low trail steel 650b complete doesn’t seem too bad if it fits.

Someone in another thread said a complete weighed ~26 lbs which also doesn’t seem horribly turdly, at least for a commuterbiek

It’s probably a fine bike for a bike you can get at a store. Now if it were more than $900 substantially it wouldn’t be a good deal because the Raleigh rando bike exists too.

What bike is this? I’ve never heard of it, unless you are referring to their vintage Randonneur.

1 Like

Ohh yeah and dat Masi

I believe it is called masi randonneur and super randonneur. The super being pretty much a good enough all around mile dumping bicycle. With front through and dynamo(maybe?). And the regular being a good price point steel disc bike.

So were you confusing Masi and Raleigh, or is there a new Raleigh Randonneur bike I don’t know about and can’t find on Google? I am not asking to be a pedant, I actually want to know if this is an option.

Forgot about this thing

http://newalbioncycles.com/drake-frame/

It’s close

Meant masi. Raleigh has some nice bikes now though

But why a PF30 BB? What the fuck were they thinking?

1 Like

“- Bottom bracket: PressFit PF30. We chose this spec because it is compatible with eccentric bottom brackets which is needed by folks wanting to run a Rolhoff or other internal geared hub. You can also buy adapters, if you need to run cranks for threaded BB’s”

Easy to thread for a T47? (which has it’s own set of awfuls, I’m sure, but screw-in is less squeaky than friction-fit.)

God why do they have to ruin a frame I would never buy anyway to appease rohloff people or whatever. Who cares about internally geared hubs

The nude beach demographic.

1 Like

71.5 HTA

I know the bizarre justification, but it’s like Surly and their insistence on accommodating the .0001% of riders who will use IGH to the detriment of literally everyone else who will use a derailleur.

I actually don’t know any shop that has these tools, but it’s the only way I would consider this frame. Then, of course, you’re stuck using $100 bottom brackets which wear out before a $25 Dura Ace.

True, throwing down $450 for a pair of taps is a bit much, though from looking at the Wheels BBs it doesn’t look like it would take much to knock out a worn bearing cartridge and replace it with a new one.

Not that the tools for facing a BB30/PF30 BB are that cheap either. At least CK, et seq, aren’t trying to get royalties on the design, so that means if it doesn’t die in the cradle there will be a torrent of cheap ones coming from hungry chinese machine shops.

What size are you looking for? I’m about to dump my 53 masi randonneur frame on local craigslist for a very small amount of money. All the shit I talked about it online turns out no one wants to buy it? Who could have known?!