Did you just ShartQ?

Looking for a 50/51, but mostly piecing together a pipe dream to ~maybe~ get together come spring time. Appreciate you lookin out though!

What’s wrong with it?

Nothing really. I thought they meant “randonneur bike” like Jan Heine says it. Instead they meant it like “low-trail touring bike.”

Perfectly serviceable but does not offer spirited riding

Just not praying to the right ghosts atmo

1 Like

Aka “randonneur bike, but not tarck-compliant”

1 Like

my race team just got sponsored by a shop that is willing to extend the scott pro deal to us. does scott make anything decent? either road or mountain, i am covered in the gravel and cx categories.

I’ve heard good things about their trail and enduro bikes, so long as they don’t have any suspension gimmicks or plus tires.

i am pleased to hear someone else is anti plus-tires as well. ugh i do not like the plus bikes i have ridden

I haven’t ridden one, but everyone I ride with hasn’t been impressed. Except for one kook.

I am building a hard tail around 2.6 which when I did the math is the sweet spot for added compliance without sacrificing too much handling and weight.

Scott’s full suspension all mountain or trail bike is awesome. It’s very light and typically on most top 10 full suspension mountain bike lists. It has a pretty good suspension design. Spark maybe? I’m not going to google it.

Atmo 2.6 is still regular, and OK. Some of my more shreddy mtbros are all hot about 2.6.

Scott’s suspension is gimicky in the twinlock/travel adjust/lockout switch. I’m sure it works (I enjoy it on the jekyll), but if that weirds you out, you are warned.

2.8’s?

Plus

Dq: rando buddy is looking for a disc frame that he will do mostly rando on. What does Tarck suggest for a fendered dynamod porteurd spirited riding disc frame. 700mostly but 650b would b rad

Black mountain road plus?
Vo passhunter?
Coffee grinder?
OGD?
Something custom?
Cheap production bikes are either turdly buttways or road disc road bikes/slacked out gravel bikes.

Do they drink the planing flavoraide, or are they just looking for a stable & comfortable bike? If they’re of the body, I’d suggest finding an old trek that they find comfortable and the having their framebuilder put disc & rack mountpoints on it. Otherwise point them at a coffee grinder.

Niner rlt steel

1 Like

Running Xpedo Baldwins on my Starling, legit pedals even though the name is the absolute worst…

the twinloc suspension thing is better than the cannondale equivalent IMO, but the lockout truly only works on their specific shocks.

scott spark is excellent and i would recommend it to anyone who doesn’t plan on fiddling with their suspension setups 24/7. genius is also rad (esp with the high-spec models that have the ramp adjust thing), but it rides more like it has 130/140 travel than 150. ransom is maybe the most impressive if im honest but 170 travel is nuts to me

scott road stuff is dummy light on the $$$$ end, but even their entry level is pretty good. addict rc rides pretty stiff, so does addict gravel. foil rides nice for an aero bike but reports show its not all that aero in the first place.

1 Like