Did you just ShartQ?

Dynasys 11 clicker with 10 dangler (with 11 cassette and chain) works great. I’m running a setup like that on my Polyvalent (M7000 shifter, M786 dangler, HG700 cassette).

2 Likes

What do y’all like for cold weather gloves, like 30-40 deg. @Dr_Shart_Attack_PhD?

Neoprene scuba gloves. $15 from Bezos Bargsin Bin

Or like $50 if you want a cool scorpion logo silkscreened onto the same glove

I usually tough it out with wool DeFeet gloves but I know those are controversial

I also have a pair of Giro Ambient that have been pretty good for colder/wetter days but I honestly haven’t used those a whole lot since I got them

1 Like

???

Not waterproof, not especially warm, but hi vis!

1 Like

I do think the wool ones are a little warmer because they are itchy and get some blood moving but otherwise yeah what Jeff said

1 Like

how cold do you run?
if you run chilly, consider something like these, just look for em on sale because at retail they’re way overpriced

or

if not running ocld, just get a bigger glove and wear a liner when it’s cold. the defeet wool gloves work great as a liner and then if it warms up, you can take off the outer layer.

neoprene stinks and makes your hands smell. so keep that in mind if you’re the kind of person that would bother.

2 Likes

Trying to figure out an inexpensive way to have Rival AXS shifting on my Coffee Grinder. Would these chainrings work with a 12-speed chain? Are there other 110/74 chainrings that would work?

I would like to not have to replace my cranks. The Rival cranks actually come in decent configurations, but I still would just as soon not buy a crankset when I’ve already got one I like.

I know the 12-speed Shimano chain on my mountain bike did not like the 11-speed narrow-wide ring when I tried to do a drivetrain swap before I had the cranks on hand. Are ess-ram chains and shifty rings the same?

My understanding is it mostly depends on the chain you’ll run - if it’s the flat top one you probably want rings designed for the oversized rollers, if it’s a mullet setup then you use the eagle chain I think.

1 Like

https://www.showerspass.com/products/crosspoint-waterproof-wool-knit-gloves-anniversary-edition?variant=42414897201352

Even the regular ones are warm enough for pnw winter (40 deg F, damp, windy).

3 Likes

Sram pusher, dangler, shakes
Similar 11-12sp rings/chain/cassette change the pulleys to ceramicspeed and you’re there

1 Like

Yeah, I was probably going to do Shimano chain and cassette. Are the ceramicspeed pulleys because the sram pulleys will be mad at the chain?

No I was just suggesting you ball hard with $500 pulleys

But if you wanted to you should switch the pulleys to the chain spec tho it probably won’t matter

1 Like

I’ve been matching the chain and chainring for 12 sp drivetrain shenanigans.

One MTB is Shimano up front and SRAM in the rear without issue.

2 Likes

I don’t really run cold, a hoodie and pants is great until the low 30s, but my hands are always cold.

I checked out some NF gloves at REI and they felt really nice but were a huge pain in the ass to pull on so I figured I’d ask the brain trust. I’ll give those Showers Pass gloves a try.

I got a pair of these and am liking them a lot so far.
https://www.backcountry.com/giro-xnetic-h20-cycling-glove-mens?CMP_SKU=GIRZ32X&MER=0406&skid=GIRZ32X-HIGYEL-L&mr:trackingCode=C6B3DDE9-8DE9-EA11-8116-005056944E17&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=m&mr:adType=plaonline&CMP_ID=PLA_GMm001&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&k_clickid=_k_Cj0KCQiAg_KbBhDLARIsANx7wAxR1pD7zAuFxp8nvJlwNgV_0nFd7rljwAvOsUIBlKESNZRuulice-8aAi2tEALw_wcB_k_&utm_id=go_cmp-213415717_adg-13362825277_ad-92885919157_aud-1013788277959:pla-399516203276_dev-m_ext-_prd-GIRZ32X-HIGYEL-L_mca-7811_sig-Cj0KCQiAg_KbBhDLARIsANx7wAxR1pD7zAuFxp8nvJlwNgV_0nFd7rljwAvOsUIBlKESNZRuulice-8aAi2tEALw_wcB&gclid=Cj0KCQiAg_KbBhDLARIsANx7wAxR1pD7zAuFxp8nvJlwNgV_0nFd7rljwAvOsUIBlKESNZRuulice-8aAi2tEALw_wcB

Tldc

5 Likes

Xnetic is Giro’s 3D knit practice, right? I gotta say, I tried a pair of their basic full finger gloves, and they weren’t better than the DnD.

It’s the same problem Shimano has with 105/ultegra: when your affordable midrange stuff gets that good, it’s hard to upsell

1 Like

I’ve been riding with hand up winter gloves down to about 40ish and use thin liners with them below that. When things freeze I dig out the pogies.

1 Like