Did you just ShartQ?

I ran kookas on a 110 un54. Worked fine till the crank broke for other reasons. I’d just tighten that thing down and go for it.

7 Likes

That doesn’t look right Rudy

6 Likes

OTHER REASONS

4 Likes

It turns out that those cutout spider arms were not sturdy enough for sweet fixie applications.

Sooo
Do I put the boring suigino track cranks back on the stumpy or do I try to ride the pretty eBay cranks that are definitely going to break when I stand on them?

1 Like

Pretty ones

4 Likes

I would not run them singlespeed based on the sample size of Rusty.

You do you and all that, but I wouldn’t mess with cranks that might break.

1 Like

All cranks might break

13 Likes

Done in time for turkey pick up

7 Likes

You made the correct decision.
They’ll break when they break at that’s fine.
I also snapped an old Cook bros crank at the pedal threads.
That was fine too.
Old cranks are made to be ridden until they break and then hung on a wall atmo.
Wish I still had those green Kookas but they got lost in a move.

3 Likes

Wind chimes

2 Likes

DQ
What’s the best gps computer with maps and turn by turn that’s under $350? Garmin or wahoo?

Having used the Dash and the Bolt, I would recommend either. The Dash is a little cheaper, especially with the 20% off sale going right now.

As far as usage goes, they’re both primarily for training. However, the mapping on them is definitely better than Garmin and integrate well with RideWithGPS and Strava. Stages made some real headway this year with their app, which makes them on par with Wahoo in my opinion.

1 Like

Or turned into bottle openers

1 Like

Karoo is V good. I like the Dash, but it’s strengths are more on the display of metrics for training.

1 Like

Do any of these have issues working and charging?

Like, charging off a Luxos/battery while working

Dash can charge while riding. No on device navigation, but the app can generate a route by inputting an address and be sent to the device during a ride. Just no auto rerouting or anything like that.

Hopefully maps eventually get an update, but the OSM base is pretty good, better than what I’ve gotten on garmin units in the past.

1 Like

Auto rerouting is overrated IMO. It’s the one thing I really don’t like about the Karoo. Maybe there’s a way to change it that I’m just too lazy to figure out, but if I get off track the only re-route I want is back to where I made the wrong turn. Most rerouting seems biased towards more heavily traveled routes and seems to want to take me completely off any mapped off-road stuff.

3 Likes

Can I use a dynasys10 dangler with a dynasys11 clicker, cassette, and chain? Or the other way around? Or both?!?!