Did you just ShartQ?

Mostly fine! I was a bit off the pace on the heavy bike, though it did feel like I could ride that pace forever, it as maybe 2 minutes slow over a 10 mile stint, but I was warm the entire time, even in snow!

The longest we waited for a ferry was 10minutes.

I did leave lunch early so I could ride my pace and make that boat… still road faster than I needed to I guess.

I think I need new pougies/lights and a tangle bag for the coffee grinder to do something in these temps j on. It.

5 Likes

that sounds like a good day out. Did this bike have fenders? and also, what did you wind up wearing?

I’m looking at a few months of 30-45 degree, intermittently wet weather, and am always interested in other people’s current ideas about how to stay comfortable in that sort of mess.

The midatlantic is cooler but drier than the pnw in the winters, it’s tricky to pick clothes for because it’s all over the place.

1 Like

I was out in dry 35-43degs f on Saturday and was totally comfy

Defeet base layer
Woolistic crusty rando LS jerz
Rapha LS zip
7mesh jacket

Castelli bibs
PI amfib tights

Defeet wooleators
Shoes
Planetbike XXL neoprene shoe covers

?? Necktube
bellweather winter cycling cap

Wool defeet gloves

2 Likes

Convergence!
this is really close to what I wear in that weather:
older Capilene 2 tshirt base layer
Ornot Microgrid LS jersey
Castelli Emergency Jacket (is windbreaker)
Gore C5 tights or Castelli thermoroubaix bibs with SaS kneewarmers
socks and shoes
Castelli toe covers or full shoe covers
cheap neck gaiter
RandiJoFab cap (if cold, second gaiter goes over cap under ears
3mm scuba gloves or Gore thermo gloves

The older I get, the colder my hands and feet get, but the less overall cold I feel. Not sure what’s up with that. Worsening circulation but improved fitness?

1 Like

I had on old nasty tights, rapha bibs, merino ls base + sweater + shake dry, gator, warm rapha hat, showers pass gloves, bar mits.

1 Like

It’s called the disappointing saga of my aging body

I had roadie pogies ready but these wool gloves are just slightly too large and we’re really comfy - for a while my hands were too warm

3 Likes

I’m hoping this years Gore gloves are better than the bullshit C5 I had last year.

I have less fat on my body this winter, I’m curious if that makes me colder overall

I have 30 pounds less fat on me than I did last winter and I haven’t noticed a difference in how cold I get. My system of layering is unchanged from last winter.

3 Likes

I fucking hate this so much

HOW

1 Like
3 Likes

Might be closer to 20, if I’m being honest.
I quit drinking and lost all that in like three or four months and have since plateaued at ~190 which is right where I should be given my height and body type.

4 Likes

Are these glazed?

You got any more rally car vids?

1 Like

Only my ears suffer with the cold now. Gotta wear an ear warmer thing in our winter. Weight is the same it was 40 years ago. I suspect it’s because my upper body is atrophying to offset my gut…

3 Likes

My weight savings from my receding hairline are experiencing a similar offset.

2 Likes

Don’t wanna create a thread for this, but I’m wondering if there’s a vector file of trash bear floating around?

1 Like

Lemme check tomorrow. I made the basic outline to use for 3d printing stuff, but not sure where I saved it.

if nothing else, photopea > vectorize bitmap

Here is the one I made

2 Likes