E-ROCK E-BAY E-THREAD

works onsite there I bet

I’m just teasing. But was raised there, headed home for the holiday. I’ve been scouring rural Mo Craigslist for a cheap quality MTB, found a few old gems for under $100.

I hated my 950. It had that stupid “tange BIG FORK” though, which was the main thing that I hated.

Love how those tange forks look, shame they ride so poorly. I have a 930 that I rode as my primary basketbiek for a while before getting the HG. Took the 930 out again after a few months of hibernation because all the over salted roads and have no damn idea how I ever rode that thing with any weight on the front. Low trail changed my life.

yeah

this was exactly the bike that I had:

It was such a cool looking bike, lugged mountain bike, M U S A

fucking jackhammer though

my 930 got the Cruise Control III fork

it does handle bad, because my headset has been loose for years

Those Tange Big Forks really ruined the feel of any bike they were put on.

[quote=kmcdon]yeah

this was exactly the bike that I had:

It was such a cool looking bike, lugged mountain bike, M U S A

fucking jackhammer though[/quote]

I have the white version of this, in the 14" sizeway, sitting in my shed at the moment. I waited too long to flip it, so I am hoping that vintage MTB fetishism/adventure bike dirtbaggery is as popular in spring 2018 as it was in 2017, so I can get rid of this thing.

Coworker rides a gaspipe 950 to work every day with Wald fenders, a rear rack with overflowing banana-yellow Ortleib panniers, and huge XC knobbies. She’s in better shape than I am

Shouldn’t all 950s be good tubing though? Mine was OX platinum, just horrendously oversized tubes. Maybe they went to gaspipe on later years? I was under the impression that the 950 was one of the top of the line frames?

I was being a little facetious. Maybe it rides well? Who knows. It’s not lugged, but has a level top tube. May be a 930?

If it’s not lugged it could very well be a later year and thus garbage. I’m also not a trexpert, but only an internet provocateur and fecesflinger, so take anything I say with casual warning.

I ride a lugged 900 series trek for a while and it rode like garbage.

crossposting from off topic because this belongs here more.

My work bike was stolen so I need another ridiculous thing to ride. The older I get the more I believe in riding stupid nice bikes till they die.

So I picked up this Geekhouse with king headset, thomson post/clamp for $800. Gonna build up black phils to archetypes and maybe even go with the Sugino 75 Direct Drives instead of omniums.

ooooh, ya know I could pretty easily make this an all MUSA build other than spokes and rubber. Gotta find some 25mm hoops and a MUSA crankset.

Hy

[quote=Shortpants]crossposting from off topic because this belongs here more.

My work bike was stolen so I need another ridiculous thing to ride. The older I get the more I believe in riding stupid nice bikes till they die.

So I picked up this Geekhouse with king headset, thomson post/clamp for $800. Gonna build up black phils to archetypes and maybe even go with the Sugino 75 Direct Drives instead of omniums.

ooooh, ya know I could pretty easily make this an all MUSA build other than spokes and rubber. Gotta find some 25mm hoops and a MUSA crankset.[/quote]

phil spokes?

what’s the story for musa chain?

Unfortunately I can’t really do the MUSA build. This is also my travel bike and I have to pull the cranks to fit into my case (unless I want to make another case). Which means outboard only, no square taper.

White industries has a crank for you

http://www.whiteind.com/r30

Compared to that sugino, the WI is almost a good deal.

Does Squirrel yet know about this?