Early 90s Cannondale--thoughts?

I would not pay $300 for an early 1990s Cannondale. $200 tops if the components are solid and everything is in good shape.

[quote=rabbi]oh hai

[/quote]

cool!

Cannondales tend to be overpriced on Craigslist IMO. Same thing with Bianchi.

i want a Black Lightning for a winter/rain/beater bike

[quote=purplebike][quote=rabbi]oh hai

[/quote]

Nice! I was referring to shifters on the drop ends, though. Those are waaay more manageable.[/quote]
o hai 2 u 2.

The welding is made to look like fillet brazing, it’s sanded, and then the whole frame is heat treated. It’s an unorthodox process intended to serve aesthetic purposes more than functional purposes. Needless to say, I am conflicted about it.

good thing people still like cannondales cos i wanna sell mine

I have a 130 spaced campy rear hub on my '87 Cannondale and all seems well. I measured the rear spacing at 127-128mm before I put it in there.

caad4 - worthwhile for someone for whom it would fit?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Cannodale-Road-Bike-Team-USA-Stars-Stripes-Perth-/110524830442?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Sport_Cycling_Bikes&hash=item19bbcb12ea

CAAD4 is the first one with the S-bend seat stays thus more comfortable than the punishment I get on my CAD3

[quote=LADY GAGA]caad4 - worthwhile for someone for whom it would fit?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Cannodale-Road-Bike-Team-USA-Stars-Stripes-Perth-/110524830442?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Sport_Cycling_Bikes&hash=item19bbcb12ea[/quote]
looks fucking amazing

I just finished building up a 2001 CAAD4 saeco edition like that one on ebay but red paint.
they are incredibly stiff, sometimes a little harsh but thats just the shoddy quality of some of the roads here.
Overall I like the ride.
Frame is pretty light. The 56cm frame alone weights 1350g with the fork being 490g.
Good frames.

Bike on AU ebay looks amazing

Would totes rock but I’m well too tall
Gonna run through my velodex and hype this for some shorty

i used to have one of those stars and stripes cdales, a team issue one for some east coast team. was awesome but a tad big for me to feel comfortable on it.

edit: hence my habit of sizing down since it seems with cannondales i’m somewhat between sizes. there are some places i just don’t want the top tube.

oh, and the harshness, i’ve never noticed it. right now i’m riding with plain ol’ alu seatpost, steel fork, cetma rack, on sf roads which are some of the worst i’ve seen (i mean, in places. some are awesome) and while i noticed a difference jumping on after riding my fat tired, suspension forked mtb for a week, that lasted all of half a ten minute ride, if that. in short, i think the harsh ride of cannondales is vastly exaggerated. though maybe if you already have wrist or back problems or are predisposed to them i could see that changing your experience.

Yeah. Mine were noticeably stiff, but never really HARSH, though I could barely stand to ride after my neck injury on anything.

I’m gonna buy riding gloves for my cdale for the long rides. think the basic bontrager sport gloves are good gloves for the money? I have a coupon for my LBS for 10 bucks

I hate riding without gloves. I think anything that fits well will be good.

New bike day!!! I’ll post pics once I’m finished switching out components!

NOOOO. Pics NOW!