Early 90s Cannondale--thoughts?

Eh, mine’s harsh as a motherfucker. Bolts and shit rattle loose. It’s really laughable.

Hmm… Doing a hill climb on Sunday. Might build it up.

Without further ado, I present to you PurpleBike 3.0!!!

She’s obviously missing pedals–I’ll put my SPDRs on after the tri (I’m going to use my uncle’s bike for it)–and the yellow front tire is annoying the crap out of me, but I haven’t had time to switch it out yet. I swapped my dead Specialized Dolce’s bars/breaks/shifters out for the original ones, as well as the breaks, and I added my carbon seat post & saddle. TimAlarcky (or whatever you changed your name to Kyle) recommended fatter tires for a less harsh ride since the carbon fork won’t fit (it’s 1 1/8", the bike is 1"). Ummm what else…I think that’s it. The bike fits which makes me super happy since finding a frame my size not on Ebay was a bitch. I’m going to ride the Fuji I’ve been borrowing for the tri, but after that it’s all me and my purple baby! Can’t wait to take her up on the Blue Ridge Parkway!!

triple and sora brifters, hm. should be good for the mountains though. enjoy a way.

if it’s’ anything like mine, you’ll have a hard time fitting fatter tires on. 28 is probably as big as you’ll get and they’ll probably be a tight fit.

It’s just that I have read from several sources that simply moving from a 23mm tire to a 25 can make as much or more of a difference in ride quality than a carbon fork can. I figured it would be cheaper than looking for a 1" carbon fork. Plus, Jes is obviously tiny. She could run a 25mm at like 105psi and still have low rolling resistance.

Three things:[list]
[]I didn’t change my name, someone else did but I thought it was sort of funny.
[
]brakes
[*]That bike is beautiful. Good score.
[/list]

The sora stuff is sort or a shame, but all the silver looks great on that frame. Is that the right seat height/bar level for you? We need to figure out something besides a threadless adapter for that cockpit.

i generally don’t like short-finger gloves. if i do use something, it’s very minimally padded, cuz otherwise bulky and dumb.

Obviously tiny, obviously tiny! Hey now!

Oh, I am. Right.

The Sora was just what I had from Purplebike 1.0–I want to upgrade super soon. And yeah, the adapter isn’t pretty, but it’ll do. I want to get my $20 out of it.

You get to help me make the bike better Kyle. Reason #979767 you need to visit soon! That and mountains. Lots of mountains.

i have a 1" carbon fork. the steerer is hella short, at least for me. i could use it, but it was the shortest steerer i could ever get away with. it’s a nice looking fork, though, in my opinion, and would fit that bike easily.

on my cannondale it was “tight”, like a only being able to put a finger in between tire (28) and dt. after putting a kilo fork on there, i’m starting to think mine is one of the crit cannondales because it’s even tighter in that respect than it was on the kilo, so the carbon fork might fit differently on another bike.

what i’m saying is i might be willing to sell nice and cheap, if all that sounds like anything you’d be interested in. i’ll get pics later if you want.

disregard.

First ride sucked. :frowning:

Shifting was waaay off (as in I could hardly shift at all–kept sliding & not catching) and I was fighting the mountain the whole way. I mean, it’s one thing to get used to a new bike, but another to have the basics not work–especially when you’re mostly climbing. Guess my legs are stronger, but ugh, that beer was needed post-ride.

That sucks. new bike day is supposed to make everything better. I say don’t ride it till you know it’s perfect, otherwise you’ll always expect something to go wrong. How is the fit?

The fit is good, though I think I need to tweak the stem a bit. Like usual, it’s mostly the gearing :wink:

Just picked this up today. Didn’t read the thread. Just wanted to say it rides like a fucking champ. going to champ some stuff on it. starting with the gorss seapost

Also not my pic. NJS FAIL

ah, i love those cannondales. a few years back, another messenger at the company i worked for got one and put bullhorns on it, and i just looked at it and fell in love at first sight. i still want one of those myself.

Hmm. DT shifters and bullhorns? I have these things.

This isn’t mine but it is the one that made me want bull horns/dt shifters. Drops are too deep on this but you get the idea:

[quote=scrub]This isn’t mine but it is the one that made me want bull horns/dt shifters. Drops are too deep on this but you get the idea:

[/quote]

Craaaazy, that’s my friend Jayson. I bought those bars off him and have em on my bike now.

Just sayin’, I love it.

[quote=rabbi]oh hai

[/quote]