Endpoint bikes (and Outpost) thread

10 Likes

FINALLY finished QC on the HG frames today. Off they go to paint tomorrow!

10 Likes

lol guess I better decide what color I want.

1 Like

Okay, decided and finally replied to Andy’s order update email.

This was the motivation I needed.

2 Likes

Hey Braden, remember how the seat tube of my v1 H/G was super tight and I had to ram a flex hone down it to get the seatpost to fit?
Well once I got the post in there, I set it and forgot it for years. Then a few weeks ago I put flat bars and a different saddle on there.
The new saddle was taller and I was worried that the post wouldn’t go down any further, but when I loosened the seat binder, the post was loosey goosey like normal!
So in the intervening years, the tube has gotten bigger or the post has gotten smaller!
That’s my story.

8 Likes

I love a happy ending?

11 Likes

Me too!
I was fully expecting that thing to be seized in there!

I just ordered a milk crate rack with intentions of having someone put eyelets on the fork of my old Trek basket bike (26", non suspension corrected, v brakes). It just occurred to me that the place where those eyelets will need to go may be in real estate currently occupied by the brakes.

Has anyone had issues with that or am I just inventing things to worry about?

1 Like

the ~145mm crown to hourglass standard was specifically to address that

on a non-suspension corrected fork even with fat tires, the bosses will be far enough below the canti posts to not interact at all

this was in contrast to some other designs like the old VO where they kept the leg geometry of a canti-mounted rack to make a brazeon model, preventing it from being universal

4 Likes

Well then I’m fucking set. Thanks.

1 Like

This is an update for those interested. Night Moves frames have finally landed with us after many delays, and also the insane fact that we relaunched Hunter Gather and Night Moves at the same time almost a year ago at this point. Thanks for hanging in there.

The website inventory and sizing is 100% of what we have on hand. We don’t have material for additional units left so if you want one short term then grab it. Columbus tubing pricing is going up significantly and we will have to raise prices along with shipping and paint.

If you’re waiting on a Hunter Gatherer they have been rolling out of paint and we are also restocking small bits like clamps, headsets and axles.

Thanks for the support and patience. Let us know if you need anything.

20 Likes

Thanks for the update. Very stoked to dither guntherily. Except now I gotta wait for a new rim from China too. :colbert:

1 Like

Man, I really wish I could justify a N/M but I just can’t right now. Maybe in the next go around.

3 Likes

Oh yes. Loving the middle-school-lip-gloss sheen on the purple.

14 Likes

Quick update on a build quirk for others.

I was hoping to use my post mount Juin Tech GT-P dual piston brakes with 160mm flat mount adapters. Alas, the rear triangle of the small size HG is too smol to fit either the naked adapter or the fitted caliper. Tried CX77s, same issue.

Looks like I gotta get a flat mount caliper.

That’s a bummer. I planned on using adapters as well. The XL is probably a different story, but gonna check that out first just in case.

2 Likes

For sure- why I specified. It seemed like the kind of seat-stay interference that would possibly disappear with a bigger angle there, but it might still be tight. The adapters just kick the calipers waaaay far out from the frame.

Edit: some photos of small size interference. The adapter can’t kick out of the way of the rotor enough due to the seatstay, meaning a flat mount brake is required.

1 Like

Shorter seat tubes this go around not helping either. It’s definitely appreciated to get info like this from someone that builds stuff up right away instead of multiple months later (like me).

1 Like

It’s tight there. The original SM and MD sample frames couldn’t clear a flat mount Klamper so we opened it up.

Not a ton of real-estate to work with

1 Like

Those who’ve flat bar’d Hunter Gatherers, how’d you like it?

I’m torn between going for a Jones + NX Eagle setup or just doing the 11 speed thing again with deep drops.

1 Like