Endpoint bikes thread

I’m breaking this out of the CBC thread to keep it simple.

Geometry is finalized and we are about to go forward with production on the first round of frames. Once we have these in hand and everything is up to stuff I will be putting in a second order.

That second order will include a special tarck color (or black) and special tarck deal.

IF you are seriously interested in getting one send me a proper email. I won’t be discussing tarck pricing on tarck to keep things clean.

I reserve the right to refuse to deal with anyone on here so noobs don’t expect anything.

Please don’t ask or discuss the tarck deal on tarck. EMAIL me bradencbc@gmail.com

In the meantime feel free to tell me how to spec this bike unless you have an unhealthy hate for AVID bb7 brakes. I’m planning on the following:

Frame/fork
Frame/fork/calipers/rotors/compressionless housing
Complete bike 1 Apexish, very basic parts, but good sealed bearing hubs probably to Hed Belgiums or Archtypes, Resist Nomads
Complete bike 2 Rival or 105, mid range build kit, sealed hubs to Belgium or Archtypes, Resist Nomads
Complete bike 3 Force, 3T level cockpit, Fizik saddle, sealed hubs probably to China carbon rims, Challenge Eroica or Almanzo

More info to come…

paint match fenders? fork rack? maybe an option for the fsa crank you were raving about?

Are you going to have to put reflectors and stuff on these? I would find that hilarious.

edit to add:
Is Rival that much differentiated from Apex? I think bike 1 or 2 needs Shimano.

No color matching for now.

Still open on the whole SRAM - Shimano thing want to get feedback from as many people as possible on this.

Base model will be Apex for sure but the mid range one is where I’m looking for the most input.

I don’t see us shipping “complete” bikes so will probably just toss a bag of reflectors in the parts box

Complete bike 2: Ultegra is cheaper than Rival and would be a better step up from Apex and bike 1 to make it worthwhile.

In my opinion the total shralping nature of a disc bike lends to Shimano over SRAM, except the Apex on bike one or Force on 3.
My opinion is that Ultegra is far superior to mid grade sram offerings.

That is not an opinion, it is a fact.

Do you guys think there is good reason to spec ultegra over 105?

Not much tangible difference in performance atmo and I will probably spec the fsa energy crank which I lighter than either Shimano offering.

Also Shimano chains/cassette on all 3.

Can you post the full specs/idea here? I can’t really find it in one place in the other thread.

Looks like a disk brake fendered front rack bike, in a tarck color scheme. Is that it?

If so, I may be in. That is, if it’s OS tubing on the larger sizes so I won’t flex the fuck out of it.

SO are you putting out one bike now or is there a 2nd model?

I dont think Ultegra is light years ahead of 105, but it feels “crisper” to me.
What I see a lot of bigger companies do is the 105 FD/Crank/brakes Ultegra RD/Shifters on their more “premium” models

To recap for Snowmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn

“endurance road” bike geo with clearance for 35c tires.
Fender and front rack mounts
Nice short chainstays and oversized tubing
dick braks
steel frame/fork fork designed for cross range a2c (396mm) to allow for possible upgrades down the road if a full carbon non tapered cross disc fork comes along
bigger sizes will get more oversized tubes… baby sizes will get less
technically just comes in black but thre will be tarck colorway, powdercoated coz wet paint is spensive
100% made in usa
fully tigged unicrown fork

One model for now… 3 more by then end of 2014

Do you have a rough idea on timing?

6-8 weeks for 1st batch I think. Then another 6-8 for 2nd. Should have a more concrete time frame in a couple days.

[quote=bradencbc]I’m breaking this out of the CBC thread to keep it simple.

Geometry is finalized and we are about to go forward with production on the first round of frames. Once we have these in hand and everything is up to stuff I will be putting in a second order.

That second order will include a special tarck color (or black) and special tarck deal.

IF you are seriously interested in getting one send me a proper email. I won’t be discussing tarck pricing on tarck to keep things clean.

I reserve the right to refuse to deal with anyone on here so noobs don’t expect anything.

Please don’t ask or discuss the tarck deal on tarck. EMAIL me bradencbc@gmail.com

In the meantime feel free to tell me how to spec this bike unless you have an unhealthy hate for AVID bb7 brakes. I’m planning on the following:

Frame/fork
Frame/fork/calipers/rotors/compressionless housing
Complete bike 1 Apexish, very basic parts, but good sealed bearing hubs probably to Hed Belgiums or Archtypes, Resist Nomads
Complete bike 2 Rival or 105, mid range build kit, sealed hubs to Belgium or Archtypes, Resist Nomads
Complete bike 3 Force, 3T level cockpit, Fizik saddle, sealed hubs probably to China carbon rims, Challenge Eroica or Almanzo

More info to come…[/quote]

End Point is two words, goddamnit. Doesn’t anyone know AMA style here except me?

PROPER. NOUN.

MAYBE A NAME.
IDK AMA

Sorry buddy but my math/science self disagrees
Endpoint in chemistry is the conclusion of a reaction, or the termination of a ray in Geometry

Seriously I don’t care. All the medical writers will point and laugh though.