Endpoint bikes thread

so tempted to email… but i have absolutely no reason to…

hmmm, maybe just to see price.

[/quote]

I don’t know who those people are, but I like them.

Why the fuck doesn’t someone make this fork?[/quote]

One example exists, and a whole bunch of eurobros are way into it: TRIGON FULL CARBON RIGID MTB XC Disc FORK 26" 480g for sale | eBay

Ritchey used to sell forks out of the same mold for $500

It’s really a susp-corrected 26" fork though, so ~415mm a-c

It’s extremely unlikely that another model like that will appear, because the EU failure testing spec has gotten more demanding. You kinda need a tapered steerer to pass the test without the production costs being too high.[/quote]

Which eurobros? More details?

Just fired off an email

might be liquidating some bikes this summer and i’m definitely selling my car, so i should have the $$…

This bike overlaps like three of mine. I should be consolidating cuz likely apartment life soon, but I buy bikes, not sell them.

And here I was just wondering if we were gonna put in another kit order…

lol.^ I was thinking we needed some more fun like that soon.

I am in. Will likely sell off the casseroll when it arrives.

I’m in, if you have a size that fits.

No way I’m going to let a Tarck-specific bike like this that checks all my boxes pass me by.

Was planning on getting a Kona Jake since its cheap and kinda close to what I want, but I’m pretty sure braden’s bike is exactly right. Time to start pinching pennies

Velocity Synergy rims are less expensive, and very durable. Good option if you want to keep the cost down. You can even get them unmachined.

Can we get frames only. Cuz I want Campagnolo

Hopefully the Tarck-specific option has some sparkle vs neon?

Lulz. There’s been threads on both of them
Alison Brie Appreciation Thread

Christina Hendricks

[quote=Dirty Sanchez][quote=NoahGenda]In my opinion the total shralping nature of a disc bike lends to Shimano over SRAM, except the Apex on bike one or Force on 3.
My opinion is that Ultegra is far superior to mid grade sram offerings.[/quote]

Indeed, and you could use the CX-75 brakes with the matching cable pull on the Shimano option
[/quote]

If the TRP brakes have the same cable pull I’m gonna be pissed (sad). Fuck Shimano and its stupid making shit that works well and is reliable.

[quote=bradencbc]I’m breaking this out of the CBC thread to keep it simple.
More info to come…[/quote]

I didn’t check out the CBC thread yet so sorry if this is redundant. I might be better to clarify here anyway.

What sort of bike it this? Fenders, 35s and a front rack, but no rear rack, right? What’s the geometry going to be like? Is this a bike that can double duty as a training bike and can be set of like a race bike? I’m trying to paint a picture in my head of the bike.

[quote=bradencbc]To recap for Snowmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn

“endurance road” bike geo with clearance for 35c tires.
Fender and front rack mounts
Nice short chainstays and oversized tubing
dick braks
steel frame/fork fork designed for cross range a2c (396mm) to allow for possible upgrades down the road if a full carbon non tapered cross disc fork comes along
bigger sizes will get more oversized tubes… baby sizes will get less
technically just comes in black but thre will be tarck colorway, powdercoated coz wet paint is spensive
100% made in usa
fully tigged unicrown fork

One model for now… 3 more by then end of 2014[/quote]

The 700c Synergy is at least gonna actually be 622 BSD, but really fuck that thing. Their Dyad is a lot better in the same category.

Why the fuck doesn’t someone make this fork?[/quote]

One example exists, and a whole bunch of eurobros are way into it: TRIGON FULL CARBON RIGID MTB XC Disc FORK 26" 480g for sale | eBay

Ritchey used to sell forks out of the same mold for $500

It’s really a susp-corrected 26" fork though, so ~415mm a-c

It’s extremely unlikely that another model like that will appear, because the EU failure testing spec has gotten more demanding. You kinda need a tapered steerer to pass the test without the production costs being too high.[/quote]

Which eurobros? More details?[/quote]

lots of threads on weightweenies going back years, nobody’s had a problem, and plenty of em appear to get real XC race use

if I was building a steel disc bike for normal trail, it’d be near the top of my list. Pretty much have to build the frame around it though, which may defeat the point of a straight steerer for you.

The 700c Synergy is at least gonna actually be 622 BSD, but really fuck that thing. Their Dyad is a lot better in the same category.[/quote]

Or you can say foo on Velocity and get Archetypes instead. They’re cheaper than the synergies(at least according to the Universal Cycles pricelist?) and only $3 more than Dyads.

Archetypes cheaper than Velocity? Damn, I don’t have UC account. Sure I think the Archetypes are nicer. The hard ano finish all the way.

Read up on the other thread and more carefully here. Very awesome project. I have to figure out how to get the funds set aside. I’m already knee deep in other projects now. Don’t care, I’ve been wanting a bike like this for a long time and it serves great purpose for me.