Epic Trans-Iowa Blog Posting

Everyone should read this.

my buddies were 4, 5, 6 overall and the first 3 singlespeeds this year. they are badass dudes.

That’s awesome. My coworker and I talked seriously about doing it next year.

sup hot girl at the end?

Damn, that was intense.

That was a good read. Thanks for the link bc.

I want to do that so badly.

This is also pretty damn good. It’s about a sort of rando race across PA.

He does the whole race, just click the header.

Thank you all for reading. I will have some more epic things this year stay tuned…

whoa!
looking forward to it.

No tarck welcome for this guy?

the shop i work at when i’m at college, one of the guys that works there was one of the organizers. definately doing it next year.

Thank you halbritt. I feel welcomed already. :wink:

Thank you halbritt. I feel welcomed already. ;)[/quote]

Generally, we harass people and are insult to them when they join this site. It’s a hazing ritual. I’m guessing we’ll forgo that formality in this case.

I’m just scared that REV will pedal for 50 straight hours up to my place in BC to kick my ass.

Hey are you the same Vireo who rode that Cream City fixed gear in RAAM?

Je suis fou du Trans Iowa

Likewise. I say we get up a tarck contingent for next year.

Red Eyed Vireo, I’d be really interested to know what you carry on a ride like this.

What spare clothing?
How many tires/tubes?
What tools and bike parts to cover damage?
And also what food you prefer/recommend and how much water/drinks you carry?
Medical stuff (bandages, balms)?

Great story, by the way!

[quote=wotan]Red Eyed Vireo, I’d be really interested to know what you carry on a ride like this.

What spare clothing?
How many tires/tubes?
What tools and bike parts to cover damage?
And also what food you prefer/recommend and how much water/drinks you carry?
Medical stuff (bandages, balms)?

Great story, by the way![/quote]

woton- I answered your questions on page 5 of my race report. You may want to read the report from the page one. I have made quite a few additions since the first release.

[quote=mander]I’m just scared that REV will pedal for 50 straight hours up to my place in BC to kick my ass.

Hey are you the same Vireo who rode that Cream City fixed gear in RAAM?[/quote]

mander- I have a Milwaukee Bicycle Co. but not the Cream City. I took it with me on RAAM 2007 but was unable to ride it. As the days went by we had numerous crew issues (3 crew members went home) and my partner was doing less and less of the load. We were cutting it really close to making the time cutoffs. It became apparent that the Fixed Gear was not going to be used. Eventually when my partner DNF’d I had to finish the last 400 miles solo.

However, I did Furnace Creek 508 on a Fixed Gear later that same year. 508 miles and 35,000 feet of climbing.